Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heuve

PLC to PLC communication using built in ethernet

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm trying to send data between 2 Q06UDEH PLC's using the built in Ethernet port. I'm using the SOCSND and SOCRCV commands and have successfully sent a command, but the received data is not correct. I think my problem is with the send frame I've built, but I can't figure out what I did wrong. If someone has an example I could use to set up the frame it would be very appreciated!

Thanks,

Hey thanks, I've seen that manual but it doesn't actually describe how to set up the frame (just uses 12345678901 as an example). The way I tried setting it up is on page 42 of this manual: 

http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh080008/sh080008x.pdf

And here's the frame I come up with:

5000   00FF FF03 00   0800   0000   0104 0100 B80B 0090 0800 

Doesn't seem to work though

Sorry,  I should add I'm trying to use the MC protocol on the PLC that has the data I'm trying to read. If possible I don't want to do any programming on the second PLC, just set up one of the ports to MC protocol.

EthernetLink.gxw

I have posted this example in the past. It is not using SOCSEND/RECV  but using the GP.READ i was able to get reliable communication between 2 PLCs.

Only requires the one PLC to be modified, and you pick what addresses you want to read/write to on the other PLC.