Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paolo_911

Error Setting up QJ71MES96US

15 posts in this topic

The PLC and MES are faulted when trying to set it up. Any help would be appreciated.

PLC Rack is as follows: Q03UDECPU (Slot 0), QJ71MES96US (Slot 1 & 2) and then QJ71E71-100 (Slot 3). Attached are photos of parameters, MES setup, and Error Message. I am not sure what I am doing wrong in setting up the MES module to match the PLC parameters. I imagine this is what is causing the error. Both the CPU and MES module are faulted with red blinking lights. I also was unable to change the Target CPU in the MES setting utility, even though I'm not sure I'm supposed to. I tried changing it to 2 (since the MES unit is the 2nd CPU) and when I change tabs, and go back, it is reverted back to 1, although still not sure this is the issue. I did "Write" the setting in the 'Online operation' tab, received a message saying the setting change was successful and then reset both the PLC and MES. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Edited by Paolo_911

I just noticed that I left a spare in Slot 1, assuming I needed to with the MES module taking up 2 slots physically. I will try moving the QJ71E71-100 module to Slot 1 in the PLC parameters and MES module settings to see what happens. I'll respond back if it is successful. 

Hi Paolo.

Cant say ive ever used this device before; however the link para error can sometimes conflict with your 'points' and 'X/Y assignment'.

To avoid complications; I would try and run your rack with the bare amount of modules possible- to ascertain what is causing your issue.

For example; Can you boot just the first CPU on its own? Then add the extra CPU, once you got this running then add the intelligent module afterwards.

Another thing to try- is formatting PLC Memory; when playing with the IO and CPU Parameters; sometimes these do not 'clear' fully. 

Q-Series expects the primary CPU in the first slot; other CPUs can normally be placed anywhere else in the rack.

Regards

Daniel.

Edited by collinsd70

Can you upload the QJ71MES96US manual?

Thanks @collinsd70. I will try to run the rack with the bar essentials and gradually add modules like you said. That is great advice, thank you! When I get a chance I will upload the manual if I don't have much success in setting it all up. Thanks again. I will update later with my progress.

If the above fails...I will create you a working GXWorks2 configuration on a Multi-CPU and test on my hardware.

Let us know how you get on..

@collinsd70 - The above failed. I was successful in creating a program with just the PLC in the rack, but once I tried to add the MES module as a 2nd PLC, both the CPU and MES module faulted. I think I matched the parameters/settings, but it still won't work. The MES module takes up 2 slots in the rack, but I'm not sure how to specify that in the multiple CPU settings. 

Edited by Paolo_911

Do you still have the link par error? 

I cant vouch for the MES Module- as I cant find the manual; and dont have access to the hardware but I can create you a multi-cpu configuration that runs 2 CPUs then you should be able to change the 2nd CPU Type?

Regards

Daniel.

I'll need to check on the link parameter error, but I doubt I still have that since I don't have the Ethernet card in the rack anymore. That would be great to have a multi-cpu configuration, but what do you mean change the 2nd CPU type? How do you specify the type of CPU? 

I'm thinking it all has to do with setting up the MES module settings to match the CPU parameters, but I could be wrong.

Hi Paolo.

I want to help but dont have any info on your MES Module.

I will built you a configuration for 2 CPUs now and test on my hardware- you 'should' then be able to change the type to your MES Module.

Give me 20mins and ill be back.

Regards

Daniel

Thanks Daniel,

I got it to work finally! The only thing I changed inside the MES CPU configurator settings was the Base Mode. I changed it from Auto to Detail, which I have no idea what that does. 

9.png

YAY! I got it to work with the QJ71E71-100 Ethernet card too now. Thanks Daniel for all your effort to help! 

Edited by Paolo_911

Well done Paolo.

Glad you got it all sorted.

Regards

Daniel.

On 3/1/2019 at 3:27 PM, collinsd70 said:

Can you upload the QJ71MES96US manual?

Did you get the manual? I'm still looking up for it