M.K

Back up problem

8 posts in this topic

Hi all experts,

Really I don't have experience with plc's but I have an autoclave that controlled  by plc.

Briefly, I need to do back up and restore  but some error happen while backing up I don't know! 

Can you help me to do so?

plc.jpg

@M.K first you should delete your duplicate post first. Then you should have OMRON software (CX-One/CX-Programmer) and PLC cable (CS1W-CN226) for downlaoad backup data from your PLC. After that you should backup all parameter (include Transfer I/O table & special unit setup) then save it to files. Please check that your new PLC have same dip switch setting same as PLC that you download.

Thank you for your quick reply, but what about back up to cf card? It is already attached with.

@M.K I never use CF card to backup OMRON PLC. Please wait for other users to describe about it.

Please see the attached document.

CF card is read if Dip Switch 7 is ON.

CJ_EasyBackup.pdf

Sorry for delay..

@gtsuport Yes, I put Dip switch 7 ON and I follow procedures  as per manual but back up didn't complete! 

The mcpwr remain flashing and as per manual the back up was not completed.

5c32496250fc8_plcerror.thumb.png.70c02cc

On ‏٠٢‏/‏٠١‏/‏٢٠١٩ at 0:19 PM, Wasan said:

@M.K first you should delete your duplicate post first. Then you should have OMRON software (CX-One/CX-Programmer) and PLC cable (CS1W-CN226) for downlaoad backup data from your PLC. After that you should backup all parameter (include Transfer I/O table & special unit setup) then save it to files. Please check that your new PLC have same dip switch setting same as PLC that you download.

Dear @Wasan, I tried doing this method but the cable (CS1W-CN226) wasn't compatible with my laptop so I used a converter to convert from "serial" terminal to USB but unfortunately when I tried to make the "back up"  it gave "communication fail" . I don't know how to solve this problem to be enabled to do this back up.

when I connected it to laptop, first I let it to download the driver of the piece then I start trying to do the back up. 

20190108_125459.jpg

20190108_125546.jpg

New Doc 2019-01-08 12.59.04_1.jpg

M.K

You need a cable between the USB adapter and the CS1W-CN118.

See attached.

GTC99CC.pdf