rocket

Delay program run

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to get a Maple Systems OIT3165 to work nicely with a DL05.

While the majority of the program is ok once things are running, the trouble I am having is with the DL05's SP0 _FirstScan.

I believe that the SP0 _FirstScan is running while the OIT is still booting up (about 4 seconds after the DL05 has booted up), meaning that anything configured to run using SP0 _FirstScan is being lost.

Is there a way to program a delay of the startup of the DL05 program so that the OIT has finished booting up before the DL05's program starts to run?

Thank you. Rod.

To absolutely prevent anything from running use a physical timer relay. Have it switch power to the DL05. A little cheaper would be to implement a timer in the program enabled at startup. Use it's done bit to condition all other logic.

1 person likes this

I just went for a walk and worked out a solution.

I created a "dummy" screen in the Maple and set that as the start up screen.

I deleted the SP0 and inserted a test for the start up screen. Once the start up screen is detected, the Maple has finished booting up, I then call up the screen that I wanted as the real start up screen and then had this rung disabled by a coil that is set to turn on and stay on.

Your idea would work a treat if I didn't come up with the above. Thank you.

1 person likes this

We had two levels of customization on a machine mainly because of the screen type attached. We detected one or the other based on, much as you have, whether or not the more expensive one reported it's first screen.

1 person likes this

I would just create a 'Startup' tag with a timed delay; then call all your sub routines with it.

Edited by collinsd70
1 person likes this

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:41 PM, collinsd70 said:

I would just create a 'Startup' tag with a timed delay; then call all your sub routines with it.

I was thinking of something like this but couldn't come up with anything, probably due to my inexperience.

The dummy screen that I created above, has worked a treat. I'm now in the process of cleaning up the rest of the code, learning as I go.

Thank you all.