Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eferata2

Siemens S7 1500 -1PN network

4 posts in this topic

HI all,

I need some networking help here. Currently, I have configure my PLC Ethernet address as 192.168.0.80 and follow by 17 other devices like drive and

hmi ,... etc. under 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.26. I am required to communicate with a PC network to get some information. The PC is connected to another network

using the same set of IP like 192.168.0.108(As the PC itself have many other devices, and might have IP crash, how can I separate both network so that when connected,

the PC and its network can only see my PLC and not other devices?) for further information, I have two switches, one is PN switch that connect to all my devices connected

at X1, and the other switch is to communicate with the PC X2. Please help. thanks.

Regards,

Eferata

You may be able to use a managed switch to isolate the devices, but I'm not an expert at all and can't help you with that.

It may be easier to add a second network card to the PC. There are a bunch out there that plug into a USB port if your PC doesn't have any free expansion slots. We've done that to have a PC connected to 2 different networks.

Hi Joe,

I did separate the network for the switch. if I plug port X1 and port X2 together onto both different segment, I am unable to online

or even PING, once ne of the port is removed from either segment, I can ping the PLC. is it not possible to connect S7100 1513-1PN to connect to

two different segment even if there are two ports? Much appreciate if anyone can help/

Regards,

Luke Lor

I don't know for sure about the 1500s but with the S7-300's with dual ports, the ports are basically an unmanaged switch. The CPU gets just one IP address. Connecting the ports to the different networks is like running a patch cable between switches on the different networks, connecting them together.