Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pearl

Store and display data

3 posts in this topic

I'm new to the PLC world so take it easy with me! 

We have a machine that checks the OAL of the parts. On our hmi it only displays the last part measured. We want to display the last 10 or 20 parts measured. The number displayed is a REAL. I'm not sure the best way to keep the history of the REAL number  and than display it on the HMI. Do I use an array?   It is programmed in tia v14. I think it's a 1500 PLC. Thanks!

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the program to see how many parts are actually being stored/ monitored? You may find there is a buffer somewhere in the PLC that is keeping previous values.

Otherwise yes you could combine a REAL Array...and load them into something like a FIFO, im not familiar with the 1500 series FB's but there will most likely be a standard Siemens block you could utilize for this. The ARRAY would depend on the number of values you wish to save, for example 10 points would be declared ARRAY [0..9] of REAL.

Regards

Daniel

Edited by collinsd70

There are some very good examples on the Siemens Automation forums- and some freely usable SCL Source Code that you can import, modify to your requirements and compile the block(s).

Edited by collinsd70