xcanowarx

Omron Force Bit Cancel via Fins

17 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes I forget to cancel forced bits in omron CJ2M-CPU34 PLC. I want to cancel all forced bits automatically and found something about fins command. I'm now facing difficulty in activating the all cancel forced bits command. (2302) Is there anybody know how to use @CMND command for cancel forced bits?  

Thank you.

forcedbits.JPG

In CX-Programmer open options - PLCs and tick the box to let you know there are forced bits on when exiting - then you will not forget.

Hi BobB thanks for your answer. i did this before but our maintenance team members forgot again force bits. I'm looking for the option to cancel with command. We also use Omron NS8 HMI which connect via ethernet. Maybe i can use NS8 HMI for cancel force bits.

I don't believe the NS can issue the FINS command, but you can certainly do it in the PLC and use the HMI to trigger the code.  See below:

5c1913da05976_CancelForcesFINS.jpg.6429f

Note that this just cancels forces, if the ladder (or if it is an input) does not affect the bit in question, it will maintain the same state.

1 person likes this

Well, it took a lot of research, but FINS command can be sent by NS Macro (see attached PDF)

FINS Macro Scripting 111304.pdf

Nice @Jay Anthony!  I could not find anything on FINS Command in script....Thanks!

I am having trouble modifying the MacroINS.def file as it says that I don't have permission. I have tried to change folder Read Only settings and other settings to no avail.

Make copy of MacroINS.def on desktop

Edit with notepad. Save on desktop

Rename MacroINS.def in CX Designer folder to OldMacroINS.def

Copy MacroINS.def from desktop to CX Designer folder

To verify it works, check for FINS in Macro drop down list.

Added to pdf above

1 person likes this

Thanks!  I assumed (incorrectly) that if it would not let me modify the file that it also would not let me rename it.

Thank you guys for your answer.

Mr. Walsh I tried this plc sofware and It works. But after force canceling last memory value remains. For example I forced 80.01 bit

80.01 value=0 >>>>force 80.01 value= 1

after force cancelling 80.01 value= 1 (force symbol disappear)

Do you have suggestions about this?

On 12/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, Michael Walsh said:

Note that this just cancels forces, if the ladder (or if it is an input) does not affect the bit in question, it will maintain the same state.

@xcanowarx, that is what I meant by this statement in my original post.  The state of the bit will remain in the same state that it was forced to unless the program changes it or it is an input point.  

There is not really a way around this. Unless you know what bit is forced.  if you know what bit is forced, you can force it off using a 2301 command to both force the bit off and then cancel the force.  

The memory tool in CX Programmer has a tab for reading forced status.  It takes quite a while to load so I suspect a looping of the variable area read function.  See pdf below,

VARIABLE AREA ACCESS(.pdf

Forced SetReset Execution.pdf

@Jay Anthony, he doesn't want to use CX-Programmer or a laptop at all.  He is looking for a way to do it from the HMI.

I was thinking of a similar loop in NS.

Ah, yes.  I did not read closely enough.

On 17/12/2018 at 0:50 PM, Jay Anthony said:

Well, it took a lot of research, but FINS command can be sent by NS Macro (see attached PDF)

On 17/12/2018 at 0:50 PM, Jay Anthony said:

Hi Jay,

Could you share again this pdf? The link is failing and it sounds very interesting.

Thank you very much!!