Falola Olabisi

Omron PLC CPU 43 series and Pro face HMI

4 posts in this topic

Please PLC genius. My plant is down for three days with this error messages I receiving from the pro face HMI : RHAA067- Response timed out for initial communication command, RHAA068 - Response timed out for device read command and RHAA069 - Response timed out for device write command. As a result of these errors all the data that suppose to populate on the HMI were blank. Kindly give me suggestions on how  to get out of this mess. Your prompt responses will be appreciated. The CPU 43 is connected with this HMI.

Something is wrong with the communications between the PLC and the HMI.  It is difficult to say what given only this information.  Are they communicating Serially or with Ethernet?  If the PLC seems to be functioning ok otherwise, I would check the communications cable between the two. 

@Falola Olabisi If it can work before I think it maybe from your communication cable or network If it is serial cable please check that communication cable not broken for Ethernet Network please check network hub or switch and cable. If you have to change program or parameter on OMRON PLC or Proface HMI before it down. You should restore your backup program to them then find problem on new program later.

Thanks for your responses. The PLC and the HMI are communicating serially before. The line was down due to mechanical fault. After been resolved, the machine was power on and I discovered that the data was not loading to the HMI. I also observed that the battery alarm was flashing. It was changed and the program was downloaded. The data  was uploaded but when I begin to adjust some parameters, it went off again and it has never come up again. Is still pending