Paolo_911

Q to Q Enet Comm - GP.Read Instruction Error

5 posts in this topic

In a simple bench test, I am trying to communicate between two Q03UDECPU PLCs through a QJ71E71-100 module (both in Slot 0 on the racks) through a 3 foot Ethernet cable. I get an instruction error when I try to execute the GP.Read instruction. It doesn't give any indication why it fails, but the CPU faults out trying to execute this instruction. Any help would be appreciated. 

Enet Error 1.jpg

Enet Error 2.jpg

Enet Error 3.jpg

Enet Error 4.jpg

Enet Error 5.jpg

Enet Error 6.jpg

If you want, I can attach both PLC programs. 

Edited by Paolo_911

I don't know for certain but I suspect you may need a crossover cable or a hub.

Can you ping?

I believe I am using a crossover cable between the two QJ71E71-100 Ethernet modules, but maybe I need a switch in between (?) . My laptop PC is connected via USB to PLC1. I did discover my first mistake, as I had the network number wrong in my control data D2004. Now I don't get an instruction error, but now a Comm error which I need to look into. In a loopback test it appears that PLC1 is not able to communicate with PLC2.

Edited by Paolo_911

In your program the target network number is set to 3 ?????? But you  are using network 1

Gambit is correct.  In my example that you used, I was reading from Network 3 (D2004), Station 1 (D2005) 

with Your PLC Settings, you should be reading from Network 1, station 2

Also in my example, under OPEN SETTINGS, I was setup as [ TCP, Unpassive, Receive, No Procedure, Disable, No Confirm, 20512 ] 

You have Send and Confirm.   I dont remember exactly what those settings meant but I know I have it working.. 

Direct Ethernet connection is fine BTW. No switch or crossover is required. 

Edited by WattUp
Details and correction.