Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GL3NN

Micrologix talking to Schneider Drive

4 posts in this topic

Guru's iv got a job of revamping one of our process lines and there are 10 off 0.55Kw pumps on this line, i was planning on using a ML1100 processor with 2 analogue 4 channel cards to control the speed of the pumps coupled with ultrasonic sensors in a pid loop to control water levels, Now here’s the question in stead of using the analogue cards i was wondering if i could communicate with these Schneider ATV320U06M2B Drives via the Communication module: Ethernet/IP ive done this before using a multihop in the ladder but i was reading and writing to a Allen Bradley 525 i want to achieve the same but read write to the Schneider drives. is this possible?

as always any help will be gratefully received 

Hi Glenn,

http://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=User+guide&p_File_Name=ATV320_Modbus_TCP_EtherNet_IP_Manual_NVE41313_02.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=NVE41313

I havent tried this, so can't say that it will work for sure... But try to take a look at page 146, the assembly instance 100 is able to return some I/O words to you...

Maybe you are able to setup in the drive, which words to return.. In that case it might be possible to get the analouge value that way.

Might be worth a shot

Cheers ill give that shot

Kind Regards

Be careful using the on board analog input of the 1100.  It only has 10 bits of resolution. depending on you operating parameters, it might provide for some jerky control.