5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a fuel level reading system in a 2000 gallon diesel tank. the system has a slc 5 05 of rockwell. I need to connect the system to a printer located in an office 300 meters away from the tank. can someone give me lights about the type of printer I need and what communication technology to use, preferably wireless.

Thanks.

I'm assuming that the Fuel Tank System is an "island" in that it is remote from the office by 1/3 of a kilometer.

While wireless sounds nice and there are ton's of options to implement wireless, noise and atmospheric interference become an issue.

My recommendation would be to run fibre from Office to Tank island and connect the SLC 5/05 Ethernet to the fiber with s Stratix 8000 Switch {https://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Networks-and-Communications/Stratix-8000-Ethernet-Switches} or a Moxa Converter {https://shopmoxa.neteon.net/moxa/ethernet-fiber-media-converters-imc-series/moxa-imc-101-m-sc.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk66Aq5DE3wIVUr7ACh0QbgVSEAQYAiABEgJ4ZfD_BwE} on each end.

This would allow your programming of the SLC 5/05 from the office.  It would also allow you to use a Panelview HMI to display level and other data on a real time screen in the office.  Panelview can also print trends to standrd printers.

You might also connect the SLC 5.05 to your data historian program {OSISoft PI would be one}.

Thanks for answering, actually my options are limited in terms of budget and technology available, I wonder if I could work with a Bematech printer LR2000 and a SRM6000 Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum Radio Modem...

If you have a Clear line of sight between the locations I'd suggest Ubiquity radios.