Monish Kumar

AB HMI - Convert Old Backup HMI to New HMI

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am new AB family, currently got into a new project but i have following doubts, Please clarify my following doubts.

Project Details : I need  to implement 21CFR part 11 Compliance in AB HMI (1&2) -  2711P-T10C4D1 & 2711P-T6C5D

As per my study, i understand that 21CFR can be imlemented by FactoryTalkView(FTV) ME edition V10.00. But HMIs currently available are programmed using FTV 5.0 version.

Can we upgrade the FW version of HMI and convert the old HMI backup (from FTV 5.0) to new Backup (FTV 10.00) and load it  without disturbing the old backup HMI screens/settings ?

So, Please give me solution ....

If you have datasheets, documents, Videos also , kindly share with me.

Thank You in Advance,

Thanks & Regards,

M.Monish Kumar

monish.uatpl@gmail.com

There are several good reasons to convert your project from ProTool to WinCC Flex.

Many current Siemens HMI panels do not support ProTool. When configuring the HMI project for the newer panel, you may find ProTool is unable to be configured to support the panel.

Siemens no longer supports ProTool. ProTool was phased out in 2004, with support ending in 2010.

WinCC Flex/Portal support a huge number of new features. These features can greatly reduce the time it takes to program your HMI, as well as open up opportunities to use a number of new features.

Be aware that when you begin the conversion process (with WinCC Flex), you will need WinCC Flex SP2 or earlier. In WinCC Flex SP3, the option is no longer available to convert a ProTool project.

Converting the Program

Open WinCC Flex (SP2 or earlier). If you’re not sure, in WinCC Flex, select Help > About, and check the version number.

Photo of WinCC Flex SP2 or earlier

Select “Open a ProTool project”. If you do not see this option, the version of WinCC Flex you have is SP3 or newer.

Photo of a ProTool project

On the left browser bar, select “STEP 7”. This will allow you to select a project you’ve previously opened in Simatic Manager. You can also browse to the project (via My Documents) if you know the project path.

Photo of selecting STEP 7

Browse to the correct project, and select the ProTool project you wish to convert.

Success! This will open the project in WinCC Flex. Make sure to perform a rebuild all and fix any errors that may have occurred during the conversion process.

Bonus Tip

If you need to convert an old project because you’ve upgraded your HMI, you don’t need to recreate the whole project. Simply upgrade with the old project, then right click on the panel in WinCC Flex, and select “Change Device Type”.

ProTool/WinCC are for Siemens HMIs, not AB.

OP:
Since your original HMIs are at version 5.x there's a chance they can be flashed to v10. Neither part number is configuring as a current product, though, so I can't confirm that. You may have to contact your local Rockwell distributor to find out for sure.

Do you have a project file for the HMI? It would be a *.apa file. If so, you can create a new runtime file from it at whatever firmware version you want. If not, you MAY be able to decompile the runtime file (*.mer) into a project file if the original developer was kind and selected the option to allow it. You will need FactoryTalk View Studio for ME to do this.

I'm not aware of any way to update the FW version of the runtime file directly, but someone else on here may know of a way.

There are a few valid justifications to change over your venture from ProTool to WinCC Flex.

Numerous present Siemens HMI boards don't bolster ProTool. While arranging the HMI venture for the more up to date board, you may observe ProTool can't be designed to help the board.

Siemens never again underpins ProTool. ProTool was eliminated in 2004, with help finishing in 2010.

WinCC Flex/Entry bolster an immense number of new highlights. These highlights can enormously decrease the time it takes to program your HMI, and in addition open up chances to utilize various new highlights.

Know that when you start the change procedure (with WinCC Flex), you will require WinCC Flex SP2 or prior. In WinCC Flex SP3, the alternative is never again accessible to change over a ProTool venture.

Changing over the Program

Open WinCC Flex (SP2 or prior). In case you don't know, in WinCC Flex, select Help > About, and check the rendition number.

Photograph of WinCC Flex SP2 or prior

Select "Open a ProTool venture". On the off chance that you don't see this choice, the rendition of WinCC Flex you have is SP3 or more up to date.

Photograph of a ProTool venture

On the left program bar, select "Stage 7". This will enable you to choose a venture you've recently opened in Simatic Administrator. You can likewise peruse to the venture (through My Records) in the event that you know the task way.

Photograph of choosing Stage 7

Peruse to the right venture, and select the ProTool venture you wish to change over.

Victory! This will open the undertaking in WinCC Flex. Make a point to play out a remake all and fix any blunders that may have happened amid the transformation procedure.

Reward Tip

On the off chance that you have to change over an old undertaking since you've redesigned your HMI, you don't have to reproduce the entire task. Just update with the old undertaking, at that point right tap on the board in WinCC Flex, and select "Change Gadget Type".

You  need to upgrade the panelview with Firmware Upgrade Package 10.00-20180411.

Backup the .mer then open it in FTV ME 10 (which you'll have to install) 

System requirements PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 Firmware Upgrade Package 10.00-20180411 works within the system requirements of all Rockwell Automation® software products. For the latest compatibility information, refer to the Product Compatibility and Download Center . Hardware requirements PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 Firmware Upgrade Package 10.00-20180411 requires the following hardware: • PanelView Plus 6 (PVP6) 700-1500 terminal types • PanelView Plus 6 (PVP6) Compact 1000 terminal types Component revisions The following table identifies the new component version information after PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 Firmware Upgrade Package 10.00-20180411 is installed. Components Revisions FactoryTalk View Machine Edition 10.00.00 FactoryTalk ViewPoint 10.00.00 FactoryTalk Services Platform 3.00.297 FactoryTalk Linx 6.00.02 Operating System 2.57.00 Operating System Extensions 2.57.00 Fonts 2.00.00 System features PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 Firmware Upgrade Package 10.00-20180411 contains updates for PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 terminals and includes no new feature.