DrMaryStone

Sysmac HMI Date Time Button

6 posts in this topic

I'm very new to sysmac. I am trying to display the current date and time in the corner of each of my HMI pages. I saw a button labeled date and time. It is asking for a variable for behavior. Do I need to write some basic structured text or FB in plc to get date and time and pass it over? I figured the button would update itsself since when I placed it on the screen it had the current date and time and refreshes every time I leave the page and come back. 

Use macro

SETTIME Changes settings of internal clock of the PT

Applicable versions System version 3 or higher Format

SETTIME(S) Function Preset values for the specified address as S and writes them to the internal clock of PT. Setting range for S is between $W0 and $W32765 or between $HW0 and $HW8189. (See note)

Set the value in BCD format for addresses to be written. Uses 3 words regarding the specified address as top.

Note: Index can be used for specifying the address. Return Value None

Example Case that December 31, 2002 18:59:20 is set.

$W 100=H5920; $W101=H3118; $W102=H0212; SETTIME($W100);      

4 minutes ago, Jay Anthony said:

Use macro

SETTIME Changes settings of internal clock of the PT

Applicable versions System version 3 or higher Format

SETTIME(S) Function Preset values for the specified address as S and writes them to the internal clock of PT. Setting range for S is between $W0 and $W32765 or between $HW0 and $HW8189. (See note)

Set the value in BCD format for addresses to be written. Uses 3 words regarding the specified address as top.

Note: Index can be used for specifying the address. Return Value None

Example Case that December 31, 2002 18:59:20 is set.

$W 100=H5920; $W101=H3118; $W102=H0212; SETTIME($W100);      

This looks like NS information.  What type of screen are you using?  NA or NS, other?

I would like to resurrect this topic as I am having troubles getting the time to display on the HMI.  How does this feature work?  Does it need it's own variable? I thought it would use an internal script to display.  I am using an NA5 series HMI.

#my head is hurting!

Time.jpg

No worries....I got it working!!

Time2.jpg

1 person likes this

@mr_electrician It might be random to say this, but seems like I've seen that HMI screen in LinkedIn. :lookingaround: