Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dynamicboy

how to convert RsLogix 5000 program versions

3 posts in this topic

Hello friends;

I have an original program in version 10 now i want to convert it in version 16.03. On my laptop i have installed both version. Which menu makes me able to change the program version offline.

When i go online the controller firmware is in version 16 and it ask update firmware before download the version 10 program. 

how i convert version 10 program into version 16 offline then i download into the controller?

Regards

You can either download the old firmware to the PLC or, in the v10 project, go to the controller properties and select "change controller". There will be a place to change the processor version. It will convert the project and save it as a copy, which you can then download.

In your other post, you mentioned a ControlNet module in the chassis. We have a system with ControlNet as well. I originally upgraded the -L55M12 from v13 to v16 without having to do anything to the ControlNet network and then from an -L55M12 to an -L81E (v30) with no issues. Your results may vary, however. You may have to change the firmware of the ControlNet module and/or re-schedule the ControLNet network using RSnetworx for ControlNet. If upgrading the processor causes issues with the ControlNet network, and you don't have the software or expertise to reschedule it, I would probably re-flash the processor back to v10 to get your system back running.

1 person likes this

hopefully your spare parts crib / storeroom has spare units of both the CPU and ControlNet Module.  Although slightly more difficult, I've learned that for critical operations having an old version CPU (v10 in your case) and a new version CPU (v16 in your case) and being able to quickly swap units in and out, gains you maximum uptime and usually makes the bosses happier when trying something like this.

1 person likes this