DrMaryStone

Sysmac HMI

4 posts in this topic

I am fresh out of school and new to automation programming. My employer has asked me to come up with a way to show through the HMI the position of an encoder. Are there any HMI tools that do this in sysmac? Again I have limited experience. 

Thanks

I would start with where the information is stored in the PLC. Can you monitor the location in the PLC and see the information that you want to display?
Remember that the HMI is simply a reflection of the information that is currently in the PLC.

Regards,
Garry

36 minutes ago, gclshortt said:

I would start with where the information is stored in the PLC. Can you monitor the location in the PLC and see the information that you want to display?
Remember that the HMI is simply a reflection of the information that is currently in the PLC.

Regards,
Garry

36 minutes ago, gclshortt said:

Regards,
Garry

Hi gclshortt. Thanks for the advice. I did find an internal variable names shuttle position for each of our motors. I am currently writing a mapping sequence to move them to global variables I can access through the HMI. My next step is to figure out how I want to display this information on the HMI. Any tips? 

Typically displayed as a numeric value using a Data Display or can also be displayed using the slider bar or some graph options.

Sysmac is an Omron product, you may want to post in the Omron forum to get more responses.

You never said which PLC or which HMI model you are using.  Or what format the data is in.