lin2m3

1769-SM2

3 posts in this topic

Hello. I have a communication problem between an L30ER and SM2 module. It gives me a message error 16#001e, extended err code: 16#0000_0002, Error Text :Embedded service resulted in error. I have a Lovato network analyzer connected to SM2 module via Modbus RTU, on channel 1. The setting in the MSG instruction are: Configuration:Service type - Custom, Message type - CIP generic, service code 4b, Class 33f, instance 0, attribute 0, Source CH1_REQ[0] - INT[10], CH1_RESP[0] - INT[10]; Communication: slot 4, port 2, channel 1,  Connected - not checked. baud rate is 9600, DSI/RTU is 5, format 8-N-1. the channel led from the SM2 module is flashing. I read the value at a 2s. The rung is: XIO.TON.EN+TON.2s.EN+MSG.EN. The Cable betweenSM2 and Net.Anal is a CAT5, pins 4(A) and 5(B) Maybe someone has a clue.

How did you add the SM2 to the I/O Configuration?

The only time I ever used an SM2, I had to add to the tree as a 1769-MODULE and configure assembly instances and sizes, properly.  The point being, the IO of the SM2 becomes implicit and in your tag database and no longer requires explicit messaging.  Caution, I might be using the terms implicit and explicit interchangeably.

What are you controlling with the SM2 (presumably, one or more PowerFlex 4s)?  Have you wired your DSI Network properly and parameterized your drives correctly and installed a terminating resistor?

Can you post your program? 

Edited by pcmccartney1

I added it via new generic module on slot 4,  then I created a MSG in ladder, configured as in sm2 manual for Modbus RTU. I put the sw1 =controller position, and sw2 = multidrive,    word 3 = 5(dsi/rtu), word 9 = 2(baud rate), word10=0(rtu format) Rx and Tx delay =50ms. I have an application for gas, a skid with a CAT gas engine. The engine has Modbus RTU. Now, the module is on my desk with a L30ER controller. As a slave I have a network analyzer from Lovato connected to the module. I'm on Studio5000 v31. I have only one rung for modbus RTU with one message. I will post the program tomorrow, now I am home. I didn't put the terminator resistors since the distance is <1m. I will try that too. The program worked well on Friday. And now comes the weird part. I tried to convert from hex to decimal a value from net analyzer and I activated the "green glasses" to see the online values, then I went online and flushed the program. The dwlding process stuck and after more than 5 min I've end task the program. Then I restarted, and the same. Dwld took forever to finish. On Monday, I couldn't connect to controller. I found that the controller wasn't recognized by Studio5000, via USB. I had to install USB driver for VM, then I got connectrd.  Today I manage to connect to module but I get this error code. I'm on VM Win 7 x64 Pro.

demo.ACD

Edited by lin2m3