Michael137

Mitsubishi PLC Backup

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have 2 pieces of manufacturing equipment that are using a MELSEC FX3U – 16M and a MELSEC FX2N – 12MR for their control.

Currently do not have a backup of the program uploaded to the PLC and would like to have one, just in case of hardware failure of some description

I understand I need to connect a computer to it through the communication port, I have the specific serial to usb cable.

I would like to know what software I need and the process of downloading the program from the PLC and if there are any dangers by doing this.

Thanks in advance

Michael

GX-Developer or GX-Work2 or GX-Works3.  SC09 cable or FX-USB-AW cable.

Dear Crossbow,

It would be too expensive solution for one time action. I can offer another, the cheepest and universal: USB-COM adapter (USB A - DB9M) ,  SC11 cable (DB9F - MDN8) & FXTool_V110 software, that is targeted specially to upload/download backup for MELSEC FX.

1 person likes this

Worked for Mitsubishi for many years (long ago) and never heard of SC11 or FXTool.

23 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Worked for Mitsubishi for many years (long ago) and never heard of SC11 or FXTool.

SC11 is a quite new Chinese cable, using a schematic like a schematic, proposed by Sergei Troizky, by else simply - it has only three wires between DB9F & MDN8 and no more. I've tested it recently and it works fine!
As about FXTools, it's a product, written in Japan, with English interface. And it was able to upload from Beijer company website, until MEA have not quarreled with Beijer. I can share this software with you :-)

Edited by Inntele

Thanks for the help guys 

I had not heard about this either - thanks for the share.