Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Troy Johnson

Workmaster not equal

5 posts in this topic

I have a number of GE Series one PLC'S  that i would like to view the ladder from. I purchased a Wokrmaster, DCU, Adapter and all needed cables. I am able to connect using the L1F software. The Workmaster screen displays run in the upper left corner and i see the data light flashing on the DCU. When i try to load the program from the L/S/V screen, the screen shows busy the fails to load. I notice at the top of the screen the logic is not equal because the program in my PLC does not exist in the hard drive of my work master. Does anyone have any information how i might go about creating an equal condition so i can view the ladder logic? This would save a huge amount time verses using the handheld controller to view. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here :

When i try to load the program from the L/S/V screen, the screen shows busy the fails to load.

Do you mean that you can't extract the program from the PLC? What sort of message does Logicmaster show when you try? What version of Logicmaster are you using? There were more than one. There Was Logicmaster One Jr for the Series One Junior. There was a version that was only good for some of the early CPU models. If you have a Series One Plus, you need the Logicmaster One Family version. 

Yes, I can not extract the program. The L/S/V (Load Store Verify) function from the supervisor menu is how i am trying to upload the program from the PLC to the Workmaster. When i hit control-e to start the process, the process starts, blinks the word busy on the Workmaster screen, flashes com failed at the bottom right of the screen then says process aborted. The program is Logicmaster 1F Version 01.05 for the series one family. My PLC CPU is a Texas Instruments 330-37 model, but its compatible through cross reference with this software and the other connection components i mentioned previous. I suspect the not equal message at the top of the screen is the main obstacle. After i set up the communication from the scratch pad screen when i first start the workmaster, the status at the top right of the workmaster screen changes from no comm to run and the data light on the dcu starts to flash indicating that the cpu and workmaster are communicating. I hope thats makes more sense. I am kind of new to this. Thanks.

The "Logic not Equal" message is a result, not a cause. The message is telling you that the program in the memory of the computer running Logicmaster is not the same as what is running in the PLC. In your case it is because the attempt to extract the program from the PLC (upload) failed. Try uploading at a slower baud rate. Which Workmaster do you have, the boat anchor with the tiny screen or the luggable one with the floppy drive that folds out?

Another possibility is if the program in the PLC was created with TISoft instead of Logicmaster. I'm not sure if Logicmaster can read a TISoft program. When Texas Instruments took over that product line they were giving away TISoft software and were trying their best to move the users from GE to TI. So they weren't interested in making it easy for end users to keep using Logicmaster.

If you can get in touch with an old-timer in Automation Direct tech support they might be able to guide you about potential compatibility issues.

Thanks for the info Steve. I have the boat anchor with the little screen. I'll touch base with Automation direct. Appreciate the help.