PeteW1959

E1012 to GOT2000 conversion

11 posts in this topic

I have been working with a Mitsubishi FX3G with an E1012 HMI (an inherited design from a previous engineer), doing nothing more than displaying status messages based on the state of several PLC internal relays using blocks. The operator keys on the HMI have never been used.

As the E1012 is now end of life, I have gone with the Mitsubishi recommended replacement of the GT1023. 

I have manged to get the GT1023 working with the PLC, but after several days with GT Designer 3 and the manual my brain hurts!

What I want to do is display the appropriate message for each of several internal relays on the PLC (M100-140 inclusive). So far I have set up 40 separate Bit Comment objects and just put them one on top of the other on the screen. This seems to me to be very messy and over complicated, and trying to find the objects buried under each other on the design screen is virtually impossible.

I am sure there must be a simpler way to achieve what I am after, but I can't find it.  In normal computer programming it would be something like an 'if - then' statement, or some sort of lookup function e.g. If M112 then print "Message 112".

Any advice?

Hi PeteW1959.

Did you use the MELSOFT E-Series-->GOT Converter?

I havent used this in a while; however I do recall it did a lot of the tedious work for you...

Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware there was such a tool! Any idea where I can get it from? All that came with my GT Designer 3 was  GT Converter 2, which seems to be for converting between releases of GT Designer (it doesn't recognise .mpa E-Series files), and I can't find anything on the Mitsubishi website.

Yeah I originally obtained the software when we transitioned from E-Series to the GOT's.

I will see if I can find it and provide you with some more info.

This program exist but is only available for Mitsubishi not just for E terminals.

You can however send them your E-designer project and they will convert it free of charge.

16 hours ago, PeteW1959 said:

What I want to do is display the appropriate message for each of several internal relays on the PLC (M100-140 inclusive). So far I have set up 40 separate Bit Comment objects and just put them one on top of the other on the screen. This seems to me to be very messy and over complicated, and trying to find the objects buried under each other on the design screen is virtually impossible.

I am sure there must be a simpler way to achieve what I am after, but I can't find it.  In normal computer programming it would be something like an 'if - then' statement, or some sort of lookup function e.g. If M112 then print "Message 112".

Any advice?

All you need to do is use word comment. once :)

I've found the e1000 to Beijer iX conversion tool a better bet. And you end up with a better Hmi, too.

Included in iXDeveloper

On 11/14/2018 at 8:28 PM, ParaffinPower said:

I've found the e1000 to Beijer iX conversion tool a better bet. And you end up with a better Hmi, too.

Included in iXDeveloper

I always found the iX series to be kinda slow. But I tried the first few versions so that might be it.

What is better about them in your opinion? 

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

I always found the iX series to be kinda slow. But I tried the first few versions so that might be it.

What is better about them in your opinion? 

@Gambit  the answer to that is a whole new thread.    There are pros and cons for each.

@PeteW1959   The first questions that come to me are:

1. How many messages do you need to display at once?

2. Look at the alarm function and see if that is of use.  It seems to be just what you need.

There other options but you'll find them once you get started.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:28 PM, ParaffinPower said:

Included in iXDeveloper

We use Beijer iX for several years. The main advantage is, the iX Developer does support .NET technology. It means You can use a lot of ready solutions published on many existing C# forums. Sometimes, simply copy and paste into script. They use compact and widely spread  SQLite database. GOT offer next to nothing in relation to scripting. Which database they use and how to treat it is not clear. 

On 11/27/2018 at 5:50 PM, wlederer said:

We use Beijer iX for several years. The main advantage is, the iX Developer does support .NET technology. It means You can use a lot of ready solutions published on many existing C# forums. Sometimes, simply copy and paste into script. They use compact and widely spread  SQLite database. GOT offer next to nothing in relation to scripting. Which database they use and how to treat it is not clear. 

True they do support .net as there operating system is their own but that is why it is more secure and starts up much quicker.
As for the scripting yes the scripting is limited but  If you need that than your HMI doesn't support the features you need.

GOT's can talk to many external Database directly 
Why would you want to poke in the internal DB ?