CanaQat

Factory Talk HMI tag source

3 posts in this topic

I have a sequential starter with three E3 motor protectors on a DeviceNet. There is a problem in the Factory Talk View HMI. The Motor #1 data is not referenced properly. Motors #2 and #3 are accurate although the analog display meters are not set up yet. I do not understand why the tags in the Factory Talk Display Builder are nothing more than a hashtag and number... Example {#9}. I have included an image of the controller tags within Logix5000 for the three motors. It is easy to see from this image that the tags for the first motor are offset by one position from the tags in motors #2 and #3. They were offset by four positions until I edited a copy command from [0] to [3]. I tried to enter a [4] to adjust the tags to their correct position but get an error message (Invalid array subscript specifier). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael,

Controller Tags.jpg

DeviceNet E3 Motor 16.jpg

HMI.jpg

HMI Display Builder 1.jpg

HMI Display Builder 2.jpg

PLC program.jpg

CanaQat here's what I can see from what you posted.

1)   The data from all your DeviceNet Devices into the PLC comes to the PLC through the tag  DNET_ENET2:I

2)   Data from the device on Node 2 is in DNET_ENET2:I.Davice[2]

3)   Data from the device on Node 3 is in DNET_ENET2:I.Davice[3]

4)   How the devices are mapped is done in RSNetworx on the I/O Data tab of each device.  

I strongly suspect the I/O Data tab of Node 2 is different from Nodes 3 and 4.  If so I'd make node 2 approximate 3 & 4.  If not I'm equally stumped.

thank you for the reply BobLfoot. I've just returned to the office from vacation and will get back to my little problem tomorrow. I think I've got an idea of how to proceed. The problem area is in node 17 actually, but yes, the data table in that node is different from node 18 and 19. It's offset four bits and I am not sure why yet. Can't find any programmed instructions that would do that.