Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ampish

MAOC Instruction Help

2 posts in this topic

I'm using a 1732e-ob8m8sr scheduled output block and the MAOC instruction to create a punching task. I'm already somewhat familiar with the instruction but I'm not sure if you're able to have two different MAOC instruction scheduling to the same armorblock.

The first five outputs I want to make an output cam using position and duration as the condition for a punching task, but the last three outputs are cutter blades that need to be enabled at specific start and end position. I would also like to be able to phase shift (compensate) these features separately. Can I use two MAOC instructions as long as they don't try to overwrite the same output?

Hi,

I do not see why you would like to use two different MAOC instructions pointing to the same module since you can schedule and compensate each output individually and every output can also be unlatched individually by position or time.

The only limit is the number of outputs that your module can process.

Probably I didn't understand your question and you would like to set different axis arm position and cam arm position for each instruction.

Sometimes when I don't get an official answer to my questions, what I do is to test by myself. In this case for example, program two MAOC instructions that use the same integer as the output and see what happens. After that you may want to test your actual module.

By the way, recently I programmed a punching press using this instruction and I had to perform many tests before being satisfied with the result.

Bye