vspinelli

activity log set up validation warning error

11 posts in this topic

I have an exiting program written for Allen Bradley panelview plus 600
The touch screen is worn so I am trying to replace it with identical unit.

Have copied the program from existing HMI and put it on new HMI

The program runs but does not allow inputs like the old HMI and does not function

I have attempted to test this on the PC but experience an error

activity log set up validation warning

picture attached.

Not sure what is occurring

Any help would be appreciated

Error picture.png

The compiler for the Runtime is saying that [DIAGNOSTICS] is not present in your current project.  And looking at your Displays folder , it truly is not present.

Two ways to handle it, first copy a [DIAGNOSTICS] from another project

Or second, modify your Activity Log setup to point to something else that is in the project, say something like DIAGNOSTICS or DIAGNOSTICS II.

The key point here is that it's looking for the standard diagnostics template like [ALARMS], yes the brackets are important.

This is what I don't understand

This program works on the existing HMI

Why would copying the file to another make this error happen?

Not sure what is happening 

You shouldn't have to recompile the runtime. You can use the ME Transfer Utility to upload the MER file from the old HMI and download it to the new one. That *should* work, but you said it doesn't. Can you post the mer and apa files here?

Ok, first things first.

I restored the MER and found that it is an PV+600 Compact.  In that case, there is a physical limitation as to the number of displays it can run, that limit is 25.  So it basically tells me that the MER probably had the [DIAGNOSTICS] display but it can't be restored to FactoryTalk ME.  This in turn is causing you issues with creating the RunningMan or with creating a new MER for the PV+600.

Any chance the new PV+600 is full version rather than "compact"?

If not, then to get it to work, you will need to change the Diagnostics List Setup to point to DIAGNOSTICS or something else.  The alternate is copy in the [DIAGNOSTICS] from another project or sample project, but you will probably have to sacrifice another display or combine two displays.

Hmmmm.....weird. I restored the MER on my machine too. It automatically upgraded the project to 8.2 since that's what we're running. It's weird that it would refer to a non-existent screen in the runtime file that was created for a compact HMI, but it could be that the runtime restoration process puts in some default values that are causing an issue. That seems crazy on the surface but would about par for the course for View Studio.

I was able to test the runtime successfully by deleting [DIAGNOSTICS] from the "Display name" field in the Diagnostics List Setup dialog. I just left that field blank; not sure what that will do in the real world.

Was this mer file running on a PV+600 Compact before? What are the catalog numbers of the old and new HMI devices?

So here is what I now know

The unit that I am trying to replace is not a compact.

The one I have is a compact.

Guess they are not compatible, trying to find one to buy but not having much luck so far.

I can test the runtime but it does not allow input or run correctly.

I have tried to rename and play around with it to get closer but not sure why it wont run on the PC in test (would understand on the HMI if it is not compatible)

Thank you for all information so far, still stuck

Where did the runtime you posted come from? Was it running in the old standard unit?

Look at the PV+7 line as well. They're not cut-out compatible but we've converted a couple of units over with no issues.

The file was from an old unit

I called Rockwell and they had me change the pointers so recompiled without errors

Will put in machine and see if this worked

Thanks for all the help

Will let you know the outcome

Success it works with changing of the parameters.

No one know why it didn't work as is but it is done

Thank you for all the help and advice.