13 posts in this topic

Hallo my name is Danu, i have a CP1E wirh CP1W-CIF11 and connect to modbus RTU device, i have done with write single coil, write single register,  read single register and read multiple register. But i try to write multiple register,  the indicator of CP1W-CIF11 is off and if i check d memory its no data. I attached my cx programmer.
Can you help me create write multiple register in cx programmer? 

Thank you

AD4402-modbus edit edit edit edit edit.cxp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, riandanualdy said:

Hallo my name is Danu, i have a CP1E wirh CP1W-CIF11 and connect to modbus RTU device, i have done with write single coil, write single register,  read single register and read multiple register. But i try to write multiple register,  the indicator of CP1W-CIF11 is off and if i check d memory its no data. I attached my cx programmer.
Can you help me create write multiple register in cx programmer? 

Thank you

AD4402-modbus edit edit edit edit edit.cxp

First you should check that your slave device could receive modbus command 16(10 hex) or not. If it could you should use easy modbus to write them by set Function code to 10(hex) and set number to send byte for example please check thsi link at page 161

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CP1/W461-E1-05.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wasan said:

First you should check that your slave device could receive modbus command 16(10 hex) or not. If it could you should use easy modbus to write them by set Function code to 10(hex) and set number to send byte for example please check thsi link at page 161

http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CP1/W461-E1-05.pdf

How to check my slave device can receive modbus command 16(10 Hex)? i use CP1E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riandanualdy said:

How to check my slave device can receive modbus command 16(10 Hex)? i use CP1E

I have checked AD4402 manual it have not information about modbus code but you can check it by connect USB to RS-485 on your computer and use this software to test Write multiple registers (function code 16)

http://www.baseblock.com/PRODUCTS/download/BBCOMTESTPRO.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wasan said:

I have checked AD4402 manual it have not information about modbus code but you can check it by connect USB to RS-485 on your computer and use this software to test Write multiple registers (function code 16)

http://www.baseblock.com/PRODUCTS/download/BBCOMTESTPRO.zip

okay i will test it with software, i will tell you about progress later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear

Can you give me the guide line for MODBUS RTU as VFD read/write with Omron CJ2M-CPU35 PLC using CP1W-CIF12 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JAHIR01717 said:

Dear

Can you give me the guide line for MODBUS RTU as VFD read/write with Omron CJ2M-CPU35 PLC using CP1W-CIF12 ?

For CJ2M There are not easy Modbus as CP1E but OMRON has created function block at this link please check it

https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Wasan,

Can you help me about professional training on OMRON MODBUS RTU,MODBUS TCP/IP, EHTERNET FINS,DEVICE NET Protocol etc and Indusoft Web Studio.If you know please help me

and I am from Bangladesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JAHIR01717 said:

Dear Wasan,

Can you help me about professional training on OMRON MODBUS RTU,MODBUS TCP/IP, EHTERNET FINS,DEVICE NET Protocol etc and Indusoft Web Studio.If you know please help me

and I am from Bangladesh

For Indusoft there are webinar for basic function at 

http://www.indusoft.com/training/indusoft-jumpstart-webinar

For Omron Driver

http://www.indusoft.com/Documentation/Technical-Notes?EntryId=213&Command=Core_Download

Edited by Wasan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 10:01 AM, Wasan said:

I have checked AD4402 manual it have not information about modbus code but you can check it by connect USB to RS-485 on your computer and use this software to test Write multiple registers (function code 16)

http://www.baseblock.com/PRODUCTS/download/BBCOMTESTPRO.zip

I done test with modbus master, and if i use function code (0x10), i can do write and read the register at the same time.

how about the ladder diagram?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, riandanualdy said:

I done test with modbus master, and if i use function code (0x10), i can do write and read the register at the same time.

how about the ladder diagram?

This is example for writing Modbus registers for 2 register at start address 40001 for more information please check link below at page 245 - 253.

https://industrial.omron.ca/en/media/CP1E_Software_UsersManual_en_201601_W480-E1-08_tcm824-108754.pdf

This is short instructions

1. Initial data when power on.

CP1E_Modbus_01.thumb.jpg.c768c75f7b52dc0

2. Config Modbus parameter.

D1300 -> Slave Address
D1301 -> Function Code
D1302 -> Communication Data Bytes
D1303 -> Start Address
D1304 -> Number of registers written
D1305 -> Number of Bytes to send data

CP1E_Modbus_02.thumb.jpg.fd7c34e8c11afcc

3. Config data to written on Modbus register use MOVD because data is in lower byte of D1305 and upper byte in D1306 and other too.

CP1E_Modbus_03.thumb.jpg.ec968151dae469a

4. Modbus communication trigger.

CP1E_Modbus_04.thumb.jpg.3bb867e7186ef34

CP1E_Easy_Modbus.cxp

Edited by Wasan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wasan said:

This is example for writing Modbus registers for 2 register at start address 40001 for more information please check link below at page 245 - 253.

https://industrial.omron.ca/en/media/CP1E_Software_UsersManual_en_201601_W480-E1-08_tcm824-108754.pdf

This is short instructions

1. Initial data when power on.

CP1E_Modbus_01.thumb.jpg.c768c75f7b52dc0

2. Config Modbus parameter.

D1300 -> Slave Address
D1301 -> Function Code
D1302 -> Communication Data Bytes
D1303 -> Start Address
D1304 -> Number of registers written
D1305 -> Number of Bytes to send data

CP1E_Modbus_02.thumb.jpg.fd7c34e8c11afcc

3. Config data to written on Modbus register use MOVD because data is in lower byte of D1305 and upper byte in D1306 and other too.

CP1E_Modbus_03.thumb.jpg.ec968151dae469a

4. Modbus communication trigger.

CP1E_Modbus_04.thumb.jpg.3bb867e7186ef34

CP1E_Easy_Modbus.cxp

Finally i can create write multiple register, i just follow the pdf you give me.

I want ask, how to read data (read input register and read holding register) real time or in data memory always display the real time data? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, riandanualdy said:

Finally i can create write multiple register, i just follow the pdf you give me.

I want ask, how to read data (read input register and read holding register) real time or in data memory always display the real time data? 

You should change function code to 03 to read data register

D1300 -> Slave Address (#01)
D1301 -> Function Code (#06)
D1302 -> Communication Data Bytes (#04)
D1303 -> Start Address
D1304 -> Number of registers read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now