DaleF

hmi HMI - Managing I/O Field behavior

5 posts in this topic

Hi.  Is it possible set an I/O Field, in input or input/output mode, to not pop up the on-screen input keypad?

Most of the time the keypad is useful, but in this case I want the machine operator to use function keys instead to increment/decrement motor RPM values during runtime. 

I'm using an S7-1200 PLC & KTP400 Basic HMI.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dale

just set the field property as output and then modify the value using keymap actions

You're right, I can use Function keys to modify I/O field values in Output mode, but there's a problem.  This HMI (KTP400 Color) screen contains several I/O fields.  In Input/Output  or Input mode, the operator can select one of them by tapping the screen, but then the on-screen keyboard pops up.  In Output mode though, there's no way for the operator to select which I/O field to modify because in Output mode they can't receive focus by tapping the touch screen.

What I would like is for the operator to be able to select one of several I/O fields by tapping it, and then not have the on-screen keyboard pop up -- instead modify the field value up/down using a couple of Function keys.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Dale

I haven't used that PLC/HMI before, but I have used WinCC Flexible/Comfort and S7-series PLCs.

Do you have access to the PLC to modify code there? If so, you can use a numeric display with a button next to it or use a button with the numeric display superimposed on it. In the AB world, you can embed the numeric value inside the button caption itself but I don't know if you can do that in the Siemens world. The button would control a tag in the PLC that selects which number the function keys will increment/decrement. You can probably use a rectangle behind the button or an indicator/animation tag on the button to highlight the one that's selected.

Thank you!  Those are great ideas. 

Dale