Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ayman

Need help concern panel view 550 keypad

4 posts in this topic

Hi there. I have panel view 550 keypad . Part number 2711-k5A5 has communication port rs-232 phisically it's protocol dh-485 . Can I replace it with other one has communication port rs-485 phisically it's protocol dh-485 
. It's connected to SLC 5/04 through the serial rs- 232 port (Cho) on processor module by straight forward cable with two d-shell type 9 pin sokets in the two sides .
The new panel view had rj-45 communication port . What can I do to connect it with SLC 5/04 in the same protocol dh-485. 

i think i must make new straight with rj45 soket in side . And the other side will be d-shell type . And edit the hmi program on panel builder soft to change the model .and download it .is that true or false?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ayman

You need a 1761-NET-AIC interface device to convert from the RS-485 on the RJ45 jack on the 2711-K5A2 PanelView terminal, to the RS-232 type of signals on the Channel 0 serial port of the SLC-5/04.

I replied with some cable part numbers to your post on another PLC forum.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Ken Roach said:

You need a 1761-NET-AIC interface device to convert from the RS-485 on the RJ45 jack on the 2711-K5A2 PanelView terminal, to the RS-232 type of signals on the Channel 0 serial port of the SLC-5/04.

I replied with some cable part numbers to your post on another PLC forum.

Even if the channel 0 of the SLC -5/04 is converted into dh-485 in my machine program ?? I must need the "1761-NET-AIC " interface device ??

Edited by Ayman

DH485 is the protocol (language).  the SLC 5/04 will talk DH485 out the RS232 port but you need the AIC to electrically convert the signal to RS485 that the PV comm port uses.  The AIC is not a protocol (language) converter, only an interface converter -> RS232 to RS485.