Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rompot

OLD Panelview 1200 replacement

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm kind of a newbie at this, but we just replaced a panelview 1200 on a line. But I need to download the program to it. since I couldn't find the old file on our companies computers my thoughts were to upload the panel view program from one that is already working and then transfer it to the brand new used panelveiw that we replaced the old one with, but I haven't had luck. I keep getting a "no response from PanelView terminal" I tried using Panelbuild1200 in dosbox and on windows prompt in XP, but still no luck. 

The solution from Rockwell's site is the following. 
"

This error message is normally seen if no cable is connected between the computer and the PanelView terminal

Check cabling. Check comm port settings on the computer in the PanelView 1200 software and the PanelView terminal.

Verify that the com port is available.

If faster style computers (having 386, 486, 586 processors) are being used, this message may appear. It could be the case that the high speed processor is over running data at the comm port. To minimize this possibility, reduce the baud rate and try downloading again.

Ensure that the Panelview terminal has the UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD screen displayed before attempting to download via the RS-232 port.

"

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12629

error message.png

Just a thought but have you tried introducing a null modem into the serial cabling between the PC and PV1200?

Trying to do it serially? Have you tried DH+ with RSLinx? Super simple download to the P.V. ALSO remember, if you are using DH+, that the default speed is 57K. If the old P.V. was a different speed that would give you a hassle.

Oops, I just re-read your topic. The firmware versions an everything are going to be so very different. You are going to have to run the P.V. file with Panebuilder and change the version number. That is a huge leap from 1995 till now.

Edited by Logical_Hoosier
Did not read topic well at first.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, Rompot said:

Hi, I'm kind of a newbie at this, but we just replaced a panelview 1200 on a line. But I need to download the program to it. since I couldn't find the old file on our companies computers my thoughts were to upload the panel view program from one that is already working and then transfer it to the brand new used panelveiw that we replaced the old one with, but I haven't had luck. I keep getting a "no response from PanelView terminal" I tried using Panelbuild1200 in dosbox and on windows prompt in XP, but still no luck. 

The solution from Rockwell's site is the following. 
"

This error message is normally seen if no cable is connected between the computer and the PanelView terminal

Check cabling. Check comm port settings on the computer in the PanelView 1200 software and the PanelView terminal.

Verify that the com port is available.

If faster style computers (having 386, 486, 586 processors) are being used, this message may appear. It could be the case that the high speed processor is over running data at the comm port. To minimize this possibility, reduce the baud rate and try downloading again.

Ensure that the Panelview terminal has the UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD screen displayed before attempting to download via the RS-232 port.

"

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12629

error message.png

Hi Rompot, have you found any solution for this? I have the same connection problem!

Have you the windows version of the Panelbuilder 1200 to share? Because i only have the DOS version.