brewer

Modbus Plus to PC

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for a solution to connect a PC to a modbus plus network for my HMI.  The old option was to use an SA85 card but is there something better.  Ideally ethernet I/P to Modbus Plus Converter if there is such a thing.  Does anyone have a recommendation that they have used.

I have used the SA85 card quite a few times and have found it to be very easy to set up and also very reliable. As far as im aware these can still be bought from Schneider and have used on Windows 7 without issue- you will also need the MBX Suite which is inclueded in the package.

I have used it in connection with Wonderware InTouch via the IO Server.

I guess you could always use the Anybus gateways that convert Modbus Plus to/from other protocols. I have used these to convert to Profibus and again; found it very simple to use.

Edited by collinsd70

Most converters simply swap data between two networks, not truly share network messages.

There was a PCI version of the SA85 released they called it PCI-85.  Many PCs would not have ISA slots anymore for the older cards.

There is also a USB --> Modbus Plus box that can be used just like the SA85 PCI Card, I only used one of these on testing but have heard they are very expensive.

1 person likes this

Collinsd70, you are correct. They work well but are costly!