gromit

SLC5/05 in unmatched chassis

10 posts in this topic

I have a spare SLC5/05 chassis with I/O.

I want to load a different SLC5/05 program into this processor, but the I/O configuration doesn't match the actual modules.

So, how can I run the program without it faulting, so that I could test some of the subroutines?

Thanks.

Just go into the I/O configuration and click on advanced config for the module that is not there (or double click on it).  You will see a check box "ignore configuration error."  Check that box and you should be able to run your program without faults.

Thanks for your reply. . .

However, I don't see the "ignore configuration error" checkbox.

See the attached pic for reference.

slc505_io_config.jpg

Thanks Mickey, I will try this today.

Ack!  I guess I have been using micrologix controllers too much lately!  I did a quick check before my post but didn't realize that project was a micro.  Glad Mickey stepped up to cover my tracks!  (or any other appropriate word that might go there)

The initial fault was cleared by setting s:11&12, s:27&18, and s:25&26 to all 0s.

I then changed the rack size from 13 slots to 10 slots, and then replace many input and output assignments to integer files; which cleared the program errors.

Unfortunately, I am still getting the following error..."A minor error bit is set at the end of the scan.  refer to S:5 minor error bits." as depicted in the attached pic.

Do you have any other ideas on how to clear the fault?

bt_lab-plc_fault1.jpg

That matches my recollection;  you can't change the Chassis Size or ignore the mismatch on a modular SLC-500 program.

You're already doing the usual unlatch of S:5/0 to ignore math overflow errors, but your Major Fault is being caused by the condition noted in s:5/4, the M0/M1 Referenced in a Disabled Slot.

Try doing an unlatch for S:5/4 as well, to see if that allows the controller to ignore the minor fault, thus preventing the major fault.

Ken, thanks for your reply...I was able to prevent the major error by doing the following:

removed 2nd 10-slot chassis & disabled s11-12 & s27-28 to ignore modules in rack to
prevent processor from faulting...also added n110:0-3 through n117:0-3 to replace I:10-14.0-3 and
O:15-17.0-3 to prevent processor fault. Also added JMP & LBL to bypass lad3 & 4...which are input and output routines.
Lastly, set S:5/8 & S:1/10 memory module bits from 1 to 0.

I will load a prior version and then add the s:5/4 unlatch to see if that works.

I added the s:5/4 unlatch instruction at the bottom of Ladder 2 and then disabled the referenced JMP and returned the S:5/8 & S:1/10 memory module bits back to 1, then transferred from RUN to PROGRAM to RUN, which created the following fault.

"The required memory module is absent or S:1/10 or S:1/11 is not set as required by the program."

So, I put the S:5/8 & S:1/10 memory module bits back to 0, cleared the fault, then transferred to RUN with no faults.