5p6d

Kinetix 300 servo drive

6 posts in this topic

Is there a real-time help resource for this thing other than the worthless AB site, on which the support page has been giving an error message for 2 weeks?

Change your attitude and maybe try your local AB dealer. Most times they have support personal onsite.

You're right about my attitude....you can understand how frustration sets in.  That's a great idea, thanks.

on which the support page has been giving an error message for 2 weeks?

Oh, that made me crazy too !     I couldn't understand why it was refusing connections from my computer specifically.   I had to flush my browser cache and then it started working.

Kinetix 300 is a little clunky.   The fact that they used a Java-based configuration applet didn't help, as browsers and security issues quickly made that difficult.

What's your exact problem ?

Hi Ken,

This is the first time I've ever touched a servo.  The drive is an AB obviously, but we don't use AB PLCs so I'm trying to control it discretely from a different PLC via dry contacts.  If you're open to me asking questions, some of which are potentially stupid, please email me  at markrheuer@gmail.com.  I've made some progress, more detail via email, don't wanna clog this forum up with unnecessary posts. 

Thanks for the reply!

Mark

I need help understanding the indexing and what the drive expects.  I've basically 'jumped' the enable, start index, and another input to move the actuator, but with these inputs active, there is a 3 second or so delay, the shaft cranks about a 1/4 turn and that's it.