altctrdelighted

FX3S not responding to HMI.

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am an Electrical engineer on a cruise ship. I have a mixer (galley equipment) that is controlled by a FX1S-10MR PLC. It uses HMI F930GOT-BWD-E. Recently we found the PLC to be malfunctioning and replaced it with a new one from our stock. The new one is FX3S-10MR. Now, when i try to increase or decrease the speed via the HMI, the PLC doesn't respond; infact, the inverter just maintains a single frequency. The PLC is "supposed" to be pre-programmed by the manufacturer of the Mixer.

I have very less knowledge of PLCs and sorry if i come across as stupid. I have been reading a bit lately. Do you think it would work if i can copy the program (from the FX1S PLC of another working mixer) by using GX works2 / GX developer software and write it on this new FX3S model ? What will happen if i change the type of PLC of this FX3S model to FX1S (just speculating since it's working find with FX1S). Today i tried to view the program inside this FX3S plc on GX developer and it does have a program. I am clueless though why it's not working with the HMI. Kindly, provide me with some guidance. TIA.

First check your PLC-HMI link cable that in good condition after that backup program and parameter on FX3S by GX Work2 (GX Developer does not support FX3S) save it then copy project on FX1S save it then use Project -> Change PLC Type and select FX3S click ok to convert program then download program and parameter to FX3S.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, altctrdelighted said:

Recently we found the PLC to be malfunctioning and replaced it with a new one from our stock.

What's with that old FX1S PLC? Did you try to connect with it and to upload its program/data?

1 person likes this

The guidance:

1. Connect to the old FX1S, upload its program/parameters/data table to your PC and save the project. Also upload and save the program from HMI.
  2. Check the uploaded PLC program for correct compilation. If it's compiled without errors, then go to the item 4, if not, go to the item 3.
  3. Find a completely similar device, upload its programs (from PLC and HMI) and compare the uploaded programs with previous uploads. If they are quite equal, then errors of the program, uploaded from your old PLC, can be repaired, if not, then the action was not successful and it is need to find another similar device...
  4. Convert and recompile the program for FX3S PLC. 
  5. Connect to the new FX3S , upload its program/parameters/data table to your PC and save the project. Download the convered and recompiled project to the FX3S completely (program/parameters/data).
  6. Test the correct operation of your device.
Edited by Inntele
1 person likes this

Thanks Wasan and Inntele. I tried to follow your advise but have hit some roadblocks now.

I am using GX Works2 version 1.91V. In the FX3S manual it says that the PLC is compatible with GX works2 version 1.492N or later. So, When i connect (by using USB cable), make the settings and press on Connection test then i get the message : "Successfully connected with FX3SCPU". But then when i press on OK, I get the message "The connected PLC type is not supported with this version". When i use the com cable (USB on pc side, the other round port on PLC side and RS232C male and female connectors coupled inbetween) then i get the message that there's some problem in the cable, power of the plc etc. What's surprising is that i used the same cable to successfully connect the old FX1S with GX works2. I was able to save the program+parameters from the old FX1S as gxw file. When i am trying to do the same on FX1S via GX developer then my system is crashing (blue screen on windows 7).

Regarding the HMI, I don't think there's any issue with it as when i use a working FX1S PLC from from another mixer, it's working perfectly fine. Also, i don't have the software to connect the HMI. 

Also, i only saved program+parameters. Should i save program+parameters+data ??

I downloaded GX Works2 Version 1.576A today from the Mitsubishi site. I can't understand which one is the newer version : 1.91V, 1.492N or 1.576A ? Considering 1.576A is the latest version, can i use the same product ID that i have for 1.91V while installing 1.576A ? Or, will i have to pay for it ?

This is what i have now:
1. Saved FX1S program+parameters flle in GX works2. I can't save in GX dev as windows is crashing after i execute.
2. Saved FX3S program+parameters in file GX developer. I can't open the FX3S in GX works2.

Please advise !

Edited by altctrdelighted

3 hours ago, altctrdelighted said:

Also, i only saved program+parameters. Should i save program+parameters+data ??

you should save data too because sometime manufacturer keep recipe data on latch device memory but when you download to PLC you should try to use program+parameter first if it works correctly. You don't necessary to download data device memory to PLC.

3 hours ago, altctrdelighted said:

I downloaded GX Works2 Version 1.576A today from the Mitsubishi site. I can't understand which one is the newer version : 1.91V, 1.492N or 1.576A ? Considering 1.576A is the latest version, can i use the same product ID that i have for 1.91V while installing 1.576A ? Or, will i have to pay for it ?

If you have old version when you install update version you can use your old license to install software.

2 people like this

Dear Wasan and Inntele, i have learnt a lot from the advise and links shared by you guys. I am on a ship so my options are limited. I have to make do with what i have, if that's at all possible. Now the situation is as follows. My GX works version is old and it doesn't work for the new FX3S. Dear Inntele, i used your link to download update for GX works but when i try to install the updates then it's telling me that I need to have a newer version installed on my system to be able to install the updates. So, probably, I have a really old version. I am using GX developer now. Anyways, this is the current situation :

I have been able to upload only the parameters file from the old FX1S PLC by GX developer. When i try to upload parameters+program then the system is crashing. However, I was able to upload the parameters + program from the old FX1S on GX works2 (which doesn't help me as the FX3S can't talk with my version of GX works, but at least i can read this program). Also, i was able to upload the program + parameters from the new FX3S on GX developer. I compared both the programs and found that they are exactly the SAME. However, the parameters look a bit different, which i am also not able to understand considering my lack of knowledge. But as stated before, I have the parameters (only) saved from the old FX1S as a GX developer file. Now, i want to download only these parameters on the new FX3S by using GX developer. Kindly provide me a step by step procedure. 

Edit -------------

I read on the internet and was able to understand the procedure of downloading program to the plc by using GX developer. I opened the saved parameters of the old FX1S on GX dev. Then I go to "Online > Transfer setup ...". Now, I have the same window that i have while i do "Read from PLC ... > Select PLC series > Transfer setup ...". But while reading from plc the next step is "Select PLC series" and i am not getting this option in the former case. It directly goes to "Transfer setup ..." and in transfer setup i am not getting the option for using "USB (built in)" option which is how i am connecting this FX3S. Any advise on how to select PLC series after opening the saved program ???

Edited by altctrdelighted

altctrdelighted, it is not necessary to create difficulties there where all could be done simply. Use the PLC programming cable, instead of USB.

Trust me Inntele, I would have if i could have. For some reason unknown to me I can use my cable only to connect the FX1S. The FX3S doesn't communicate via this programming cable. I have ordered a new cable because it costs only 21 usd. Unfortunately, they don't want to buy a new software as it won't be used frequently. This is what happens when you don't have the correct tools. Anyways, thanks for your guidance. I learned a lot.

26 minutes ago, altctrdelighted said:

Trust me Inntele, I would have if i could have. For some reason unknown to me I can use my cable only to connect the FX1S. The FX3S doesn't communicate via this programming cable. I have ordered a new cable because it costs only 21 usd. Unfortunately, they don't want to buy a new software as it won't be used frequently. This is what happens when you don't have the correct tools. Anyways, thanks for your guidance. I learned a lot.

Did you try to update GX Developer, which is a part of GX Works2, and to use it for upload/download?

On 14/9/2561 at 7:06 PM, altctrdelighted said:

There are GX Works Demo version on this site below that can use for 60 Days that not necessary to have old version (but if you install other version you should backup project file and uninstall your GX Works 2 before install demo version)

https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com

GX_Works_2_Demo_01.jpg

After Install it I think you should follow this instuctions

1. Download Program and Parameter on FX1X via GX Developer.

2. Open GX Developer Project on GX Works 2 by go to Project -> Open Other Data -> Open Other Project then select you FX1S GX Developer file.

GX_Works_2_Demo_02.jpg

3. Go to Project -> Change PLC Type.

GX_Works_2_Demo_03.jpg

4. Select PLC type to FX3S.

GX_Works_2_Demo_04.jpg

5. Click OK button to confirm change.

GX_Works_2_Demo_05.jpg

6. Save and then Download Program and Parameter to New PLC.

Edited by Wasan