PaulKim1003

can not open a program

9 posts in this topic

Hi gentlemen,

I have rslogix 5000 V20.01.00 (CPR 9 SR 5).

I tried to open a program and i am getting these errors.

Does anyone know what i am getting these alarms?

Regards,

IMG_9811.JPG

IMG_9812.JPG

Hi PaulKim.

A quick google search via your error code indicates your RSLogix 5000 Installation maybe corrupt, have you tried opening another project to see if it is a program-related crash?

The common fix seems to be completing a repair of the RSLogix 5000 Installation from the Control Panel --> Programs and Features

the file you are trying to open may be corrupt or different format (created in newer software for example)

I tried to upload from its controller, i got the same error..

Is it the softeware i have?

What version is the PLC? Including minor revision. If you open the ACD file in notepad (or other text editor) you can scroll down through the first section and see the latest software version used to save it. If you right-click on the processor in RSLinx and select "Device Properties", you can see the version of the PLC.

Major rev 20 was weird in that there are 2 (at least) earlier minor revisions that are incompatible with each other. The newest minor rev was supposed to sort that out. It looks like your software is 20.01. If the PLC is a newer minor rev, it won't work. I don't remember what error message you'll get.

I had this happen to me earlier today. Here are two pictures of a thread I cam across. To be honest, neither seemed to help. I ended up restarting guest on my virtual machine and everything was fine. 

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Also, sorry pictures are out of focus; if you squint, you can read it ha.