Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Error_404

Communication error

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, 

This is my first time on a forum like this! but i need a hand with something if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a Powerflex 40 drive communicating over Ethernet/IP to a switch, That drive has four Powerflex 4's connected to it thru DSI connection. They seemed to be wired correctly and seem to be sound connections but when someone on the production hits an E-Stop it removes power from this bank of drives. (Which is standard here) . However, when they power back up i get an F081 Error (Comms lost) on the master drive and one slave. Also, the port light on the 20-comm-e(Powerflex 40) is faintly flashing about every 5 seconds and is the only light on. In this state, none of them communicate. However, when i unplug the DSI cable, the 20-comm-e powers back up to normal operation. I then plug the DSI back in and everything works fine. 

Should i start replacing parts or is there some parameters/other wiring i could check?

Thanks guys.

Has this been working for a while and suddenly stopped working?

There is a parameter that tells it what to do on comms loss: stop, fault, continue last, etc. You might check that. On most of our machines, the comms link isn't doing much for actual control (start/stop commands are hard-wired) so we typically set that parameter to "continue last".