drforsythe

First Aid / Medical First Responders in the Workplace

3 posts in this topic

Hello.  This topic is not controls-related, but I think I could learn something from the group. 

In addition to being an electrical controls engineer, I am a medical first responder for the plant I work in.  It has been suggested that all first responders be easily identifiable by the plant and office staff in case of an emergency.  This request could easily get out of hand- nobody wants to wear a bright green t-shirt to work every day or a hard hat with strobe and light.  My question is this:  Do the first aid response personnel in your places of employment wear or carry anything that helps to identify their role?  If so, please share your experiences and images if you have any.  Silly or comical images are definitely accepted, as they may help to demonstrate what we DON'T want to do.  Thank you and stay healthy and safe!

Our first responders used to have red mesh vests that they would wear while responding, otherwise there is no identification other than their pictures on several bulletin boards identifying the first responders by shift. I don't know if they still have the vests or not since I haven't seen any of them respond in a long time. Our more recent incidents have been on other shifts or have been over by the time I heard about them.

1 person likes this

At my last job, first responders wore/carried a fanny pack and radio.  No identifiable clothing or anything.

1 person likes this