Ben22

RSLogix 5000 - Color Scheme Editing

2 posts in this topic

I'm having an issue finding how to change the text color for the Timer, Preset, Accum words in the TON instruction window. I just changed my background to black on RSLogix 5000, and the blue color for those words is no longer visible enough against the black background, but I can't find the option to change their colors.

Capture3.JPG

I just fought with this myself.  You can't change that one colour.  It's really annoying.  Those same fields are a lighter gray in version 30/31, and the entire look/layout changed in 32 (it looks like Visual Studio now - I guess people were just too productive after everything was in the same spot for 20 years so it was time to move it all around because Rockwell), and no matter what, those operand texts still can't be changed.

The fun part is that even if you got it to work, when you open an AOI, the background is "grayed out" to show it's locked so guess what happens to your nice white text?  Yup.  Gone.  There is no way to change that gray colour either.

I've always preferred white on black "AutoCAD style" screens, but Logix functionally won't allow it.  I just use the darkest gray background that black text still shows up on, and that's as retina-friendly as you can get it without losing certain words.