Ron_S

Medoc Keys to GX works 2

9 posts in this topic

I'm an old dragon that started programming in Medoc.

Like many of us oldies, I liked medoc but eventually had to move on to GX Developer because of the new PLC's

The transition was made easier because I could set up the programming keys to match medoc ... ie   1= n/o contact etc

I cannot find any such method in GX 2

There is a 'key customize' section but I can't find a way to change them to medoc style.

Is it possible?

haha yes there is.

Open the project. Tools => Key Custemize => select from template (setting of MEDOC Format)

As Gambit states... See picture under Key Customize...

At first glance it "looks" wrong since some of the ladder symbols are "missing" shortcuts, but if you just test it you will soon find that everything works as it should.

medoc_keys.PNG

Thank you very much chaps but my version does not give that option?

If I have an older version (bought about a year ago) why would it not have medoc keys but updated versions do?

If you register your software with mitsubishi, you can update to the latest version free of charge.

Steve

Can you take a screenshot of how "Key Customize" looks like in your version? And which version are you using? My guess is that it should work anyway.

Also, as @nehpets states, why haven't you updated to the latest version?

This is what I get when trying for a template

medoc.png

As @nehpets and @kaare_t mentioned why not install the update. It's FREE of charge.

Thanks, I did finally update an got the medoc keys.

I don't usually update much only when necessary. That might sound foolish but I'm a great believer of 'if it's working fine' leave it alone'

I have encountered many problems in the past with flaky updates and even killed an HMI.

I suspect they forgot about old medoc users and were asked why the keys style wasn't there.

Any way, thanks again.

medoc2.png