wlederer

How to show multiple values in a StringDisplay?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to Vijeo.

The task is to show different messages on HMI screen (I use Vijeo designer V6.2.5 and Magelis HMIG3U).  A new string variable "ToDoTxt" was created as an Array with dimension 2048. A StringDisplay was put on the screen and ToDoTxt[0] was chosen. How can I show other 2047 values, which depend on value of another integer variable "StepNumber"?

Choose a message display block. As shown in picture. You need to create a text and colour resource (under resources) 

Then in the message display properties you need to select the colour and text resource you created and use the integer value as your variable in the message display block. No arrays needed. Just type your messages in the text resource next to the value of the integer

message_display.JPG

message_display2.JPG

Edited by cHud

Sorry the above method can only give 255 messages in one text resource. Let me check for another solution

Will your string have values in on the plc or do you need to type in messages on Vijeo designer?

Hi cHud, thank You for Your help.

It is a program for machinery self testing. Each message relates to certain step number and informs operator what to do. If it works with 255 steps I can divide the process. But, may be, it is possible assign the text value with a script?