Veganic

GX configurator2-DP could not be loaded

11 posts in this topic

After a recent update I am getting an error when I start GX works 2 and try to open a FX project.

The error starts "GX cofigurator2-DP could not be loaded..."  Sometimes it can be clicked away, sometimes it just hangs.

Now I am not using Profibus and have no plans to so why would this happen? 

Is this bit of software hidden somewhere on the DVDs?

Is this just the way it is now?

Thanks

Update must have gone wrong whihc version are you using ?

1.576A is the latest I download and install that update or you can  install GX Config DP 

I am just downloading the update, I may be some time.

I thought GX config DP was a separate license?

20 hours ago, Veganic said:

I thought GX config DP was a separate license?

It is 

Same problem after update. 

I'll add it to the list of thing I live with thanks to Mitsubishi,

(Like no more SFC in GX works 3, and the excessive choice in HMIs of the same size, , etc etc )

Thanks for your input.

Haha  This is the first time I have heard someone complain about having to much choice!!!

p.s. GX Works 3 has SFC maybe not the best but it is in there

GX works 3 has SFC?

You mean using the Sxx labels in ladder? Defeats the object for me, I like graphical boxes and steps.  No many fans of SFC so probably a good thing to let it go.

Too much choice is a real time-waster.  If I want a 7" screen my needs are simple.  I don't need it to be anything other than 24VDC.  I don't need a choice of colours. I don't need a choice of screen resolution. I don't need a bargain range, or a horrible wide screen option.  Or new models every other week.  I don't think I've used the same GOT screen twice (slight exaggeration).  For example, a quick look at a recent brochure:

8.4" screens:

GT2308-VTBA

GT2308-VTBD

GT2708-STBA

GT2708-STBD 

GT2708-VTBA

GT2708-VTBD

GT2508-VTBA

GT2508-VTBD

GT2508-VTWA

GT2508-VTWD

Then there is the GT21s, the GS 7", the older but still available GT1000s.

</rant>  :)

51 minutes ago, Veganic said:

GX works 3 has SFC?

You mean using the Sxx labels in ladder? Defeats the object for me, I like graphical boxes and steps.  No many fans of SFC so probably a good thing to let it go.

Yes but it's only for iQ-R I guess you are a FX user? 

Edited by Gambit

51 minutes ago, Veganic said:

Too much choice is a real time-waster.  If I want a 7" screen my needs are simple.  I don't need it to be anything other than 24VDC.  I don't need a choice of colours. I don't need a choice of screen resolution. I don't need a bargain range, or a horrible wide screen option.  Or new models every other week.  I don't think I've used the same GOT screen twice (slight exaggeration).  For example, a quick look at a recent brochure:

I See what you mean in your case I guess the GS is the option to go for. I think they have all the models because off backward compatibility. I already suggested why not separate the screen from the intell. Like choose GT21 23 25 or 27 as a board or something and then select a sceen size. Less stock for them also