Stuartjl

GX Works 2 inter PLC comms with GX IEC Developer read issue

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an issue with a Q13UDEH being programmed with GX Works 2. I also have a Q12H already programmed with GX IEC Developer v7.04. The issue is that I cannot get inter plc comms working with the GX Works 2 , but yet it works with GX IEC Developer e.g. reads R800 to R899. Both PLC’s can see each other and can ping them, but not data exchange from Q12H to Q13UDEH..

What do you mean wiht inter PLC comms? Which method of communication are you using between the PLC's ?

Edited by Gambit

On 13/08/2018 at 7:11 AM, Gambit said:

What do you mean wiht inter PLC comms? Which method of communication are you using between the PLC's ?

Hi Gambit, i mean we are using the JP_READ for Q12 with GX IEC Developer 7.04 and GX Works 2 using JP_READ with Q13 UDEH.

Stu.

So the porgram is the same just GX2 instead of GX IEC ?

32 minutes ago, Gambit said:

So the porgram is the same just GX2 instead of GX IEC ?

Yes.

On 13/08/2018 at 7:11 AM, Gambit said:

Hi Gambit, i mean we are using the JP_READ for Q12 with GX IEC Developer 7.04 and GX Works 2 using JP_READ with Q13 UDEH.

Stu.

I'm not sure I fully understood your setup. Do you have an existing Q12 (GX IEC) that is working as it should with JP_READ, but when "converting/upgrading" it to the Q13UDEH (GW2) it will not read/exchange data using JP_READ. This is the problem?

What are you reading data from? Which CPU and what is it developed in?