Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noorloai

Masking array in ladder logic

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have an Array of BOOL [52].I want to mask this array based on size (SINT) . like if my array size is 12, I want to pass the first 12 elements of Array of Bool and block the rest. I am not sure how to use MVM.

Can someone help me with that ?

Thanks 

According to the help file, the MVM instruction only uses SINT, INT, and DINT data types, not a BOOL array. If the elements you want to copy are contiguous (IOW, just the first 12 elements or 12 elements in a row somewhere in the array), use a COP instruction. You will need to move the size to a DINT tag instead of SINT.

Sorry, I led you wrong. I just tried what I suggested and it won't work. The COP instruction won't work on a BOOL array. It's not as elegant or simple to troubleshoot later, but you can make a loop to move the desired bits over. Or just use a series of "XIC/OTE" pairs if it doesn't change dynamically at run time.

If you create a UDT with one member of type BOOL[64], then tags of that data type can be manipulated with COP or FLL.

To do any masking with MVM, first copy the tag to an array of SINT's, INT's, or DINT's as you prefer.