_Woody_

Add Fonts to Sysmac Studio

5 posts in this topic

IS there a way to add/import fonts to Sysmac Studio for the NA touch screen. We need to display a company logo and have the TTF font for this which is not one of the choices for text.

We have created a picture which we are displaying as in image but it would be nice is we could use other fonts in the future.

Thanks

Have you installed the font on the computer? CX-Designer uses the Windows fonts. I like using Khmer UI - nice and clear. It is not in Windows 10 but can be installed and utilised.

1 hour ago, BobB said:

Have you installed the font on the computer? CX-Designer uses the Windows fonts. I like using Khmer UI - nice and clear. It is not in Windows 10 but can be installed and utilised.

Hi Bob,

Sure this works fine for Cx-Designer, but I am using the NA screen which is programmed with Sysmac Studio. I did assume (wrongly) that it would be similar to the NS screen to program but it is quite different. Only a small selection of fonts are available from the ones I have installed on my PC. You're in luck as the Khmer UI is available however the font I use regularly is not. Also the font to create the customers logo is not available. I have created the customers logo and saved it as a png file so I can display it on the NA screen as an image rather than text so we have a work around. 

I was looking to see if there is some way of getting Sysmac Studio to use fonts or if it is a restriction of the fonts that can be displayed on the screen. The NS screens (through Cx-Designer) allowed all the fonts but I cannot get the range with Sysmac Studio. 

Thanks

Thanks Woody - I am not using the NA screens so did not know that. Maybe an improvement request?

1 person likes this

NA screens are based on Windows Embedded Compact 7, so anything Microsoft built into Windows 7 is available.  There is no access to the operating system through the screen, so you cannot install Windows drivers or fonts.