_Woody_

NX1P host link serial comms with NT Screen

3 posts in this topic

Wondering if it is even possible to create a program in a NX1P with a NX1W-CIF01 serial port to communicate with an old NT screen.

The reason for doing this is we have an old machine with a CPM1 series PLC and NT screen. Eventually we will do a full control system upgrade and integrate the servo feeders & safety together with the basic controls however the customer cannot spare the downtime at the moment. Unfortunately the CPM1 has died prematurely, I have dropped in an old CJ1 which I had, to keep the machine going but I would like to install the NX1P now as the replacement for the CPM1. If we can talk to the old NT screen for now this would be great otherwise  we will need to change the screen as well.

Is this even possible??

Thanks

According to the datasheet, the NX1W-CIF01 does support Host Link.

See attached.

Hope this helps.

NX1P_NX1W-CIF01.jpg

After much reading.... I did find the following fine print hidden away in the option board users manual -  "Only FINS commands are supported. C-mode commands are not supported."

SO I guess that the older NT & NS series screens that do not support the FINS protocols are not going to work. I have been trying to get the NX1P to communicate with an NT11S I have but no success. If anyone has done this I would appreciate any suggestions you can give, however at this stage I think we will be installing a new NA screen.