Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Bromley

compactlogix conversion

4 posts in this topic

So i posted here a couple times about converting an existing 5/03 system a 5069 compactlogix processor, lots of good advice so we dove in and bought the stuff ( A 5069-L310ER processor and a 1747 -AENTR ethernet adapter). The first problem i encountered is that the 5069 processor was not supported in the project migration tool in Studio500 V30.00.0 so a quick call to tech support and i created the project to a different processor and then converted it to the 5069, this was not too bad most of the program converted well the stuff that did not convert was pretty simple to fix. The 1747-AENT adapter was installed in place of the 5/03 and all of the old I/O became remote I/O. The neat part of this was that when i was done for the day i simply swapped out the 5/03 back into the rack and they could run production overnight that really helped eliminate a lot of stress. So after the program was completed I set up two HMIs (EZ automation EZ3-T8C-E) with ethernet /Ip driver but could not get tags to inport so a quick call to Ez automations tech support and they recommended creating a dummy tag exporting that 1 dummy tag to excel and then using the template that was created to copy and paste my tags to, It worked I was very happy to not have to bang out 749 new tags. So everything has been installed and up and running for a couple of weeks, the operators like how the screens perform ( ethernet vs. DH-485) but other than that the machine runs the same as ever.

We are planning on doing 3 more machines.

Thank for all of the help

MB

1 person likes this

Nice to know you are running, but I have to ask why use version 30? 

I'm not sure how to answer that i used version 30 because thats the version that we bought a couple of years ago. I am really not all that knowledgable about the studio platform. Can I ask what the different version would offer I think i can download any version i want now. Thanks in advance for any insite.

Just version 30 has some bad effects on earlier versions. We have had several techs and engineers install version 30, and versions 27, 28, and 29 had issues. To the point they stopped working. Version 30 is still too unstable in my mind.

But for your application, if all you have is the 1 version, you should be fine.