Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chantecler

PanelView Plus 6 1000 weird behavior

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Recently I upgraded a PVP6 from version 7.0 to version 9.0 since I needed it to communicate with a 5069 CompactLogix Controller (L320ERM V30). I am still developing my app in FTView 7.0 because this is the latest version I have. By the way, now they communicate but not fully. The PVP6 accesses variables like Loca:1:I.Pt00.Data but opposite to the PV5500 it does not access variables like Loca:1:I.Pt00.@Description

Now the weird part: The last time I downloaded an app to the PVP6 it stopped communicating. Then I examined the PVP6 and it was showing the desktop and no app was running. I managed to get into the terminal configuration and found that the device’s name and IP address had changed. I introduced the name and address back, checked that the desktop access was set to Disallow, downloaded my application again and now the application runs, the PVP6 communicates but it still shows the desktop. I hided the task bar but every time I reset the terminal it still shows the desktop prior to run the app.

I haven’t put much effort on this yet but ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you, Bye

Edited by chantecler

Hi,

I decided to restore the PVP6 to its factory default state, after that I upgraded it to V9.0 again, configured it, downloaded my app again and everything is working fine.

Problem solved, mystery unsolved.

Bye