Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
collinsd70

Import/Export on 1756-L55M12 CPU Rev 16

8 posts in this topic

Hi All.

For some reason when I create a project for the above CPU in either RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 I cannot import or export routines or UDT's.

If I choose another CPU (with the same revision) for example- this function becomes available.

Revision 16 is the final version release from Rockwell for this type of CPU.

Any ideas? I would have thought that this would be a restriction in the Software (as its compiled here) rather than the CPU Type?

How are you exporting? I don't have the option to export with either processor in v15 (L55 or L61). If I change it to v16, I can rt-click and export the UDT but not the routines. Changing to an L61 processor (still at v16) doesn't change that; I can still export the UDT but not the routines. Bumping the project up to a v17 L61 lets me rt-click and export the subroutines as well.

Hi Joe.

Thanks for your response...

I have had a closer look into this tonight and have established the following...

I normally inport export routines/tasks by right-clicking on the main task and selecting import in the controller organizer.

If I select a CPU with a revision of v17 or higher- this function becomes available. If I select my L55 CPU with max version 16; this function disappears.

The conclusion appears to be; that a minimum version of 17.0 is required to enable this function with RSLogix 5K. 

Can anyone confirm this? From a software perspective- I cannot see why this would be relevant.

You might be able to find something in the release notes for v17 about it being a feature that's added with that version. I just tried to go their download site to get the release notes but it won't load for me.

There have been changes over time in the RSLogix 5000 software that wouldn't seem to be a big deal. For instance, using the mouse scroll wheel in the tag database window was added at some point between v11 and v15. I don't remember which version exactly, but it caused me a lot of frustration early on when the mouse wheel would scroll when I was in some machines but not others. It took me a while to figure out that they were at different versions and the older versions didn't support scrolling.

Thanks Joe.

Im sure you appreciate how painful it is not being able to import pre-made Routines and UDTs.

In theory I will now have to write everything again.

Try copy-paste first. I usually do that instead.

Or if you're not doing anything that's version-specific, change the processor to a newer version, do the export/import thing, then change the processor in the final project back to what you're actually using.

I also found out that you cannot go back versions...

ie from a L60 v17 to an L55 v16 is not possible.

I just read the release notes on RSLogix 5000 v17 and it does indeed note the introduction of import/export as .L5X extensions.