Amogh

Mitsubishi FX5U And VB.net Communication using TCP-IP Ethernate

5 posts in this topic

Thanks in Advance

I have Mitsubishi FX5U-32M PLC, I want to communicate it with computer to read and write resistor on vb.net using TCP-IP protocol.

What are the settings need to be done,

Is there any predefined library other than mx-component that i can use

You can use ModbusTCP. There are tons of free examples of ModbusTCP implementations for VB.NET on the internet. Your VB.NET will need to be the client ("Master"), and your FX5 will be the server ("Slave"). You can setup the areas for read/write in the parameters of the FX5.

That way you don't have to deal with MX-Components, and you can find a lot of information for free on the web.

What are the settings to be done in FX5 

can you share a link of any vb program so that i refer it

Thanks Once Again 

I have decided to use the Socket communication to communicate FX5U-32M with my PC

The question is can i write D-resistor or holding resistor with this or I can just read data through it.

Thanks Once Again

Hi again,

Not sure why you decided to go with Socket Communication instead of ModbusTCP, but in both cases you can read and write devices in the PLC. You need to go into the parameters of the Ethernet port, "External Device Configuration" and add the elements you want to use for comms.

For ModbusTCP you would need "Modbus/TCP Connection Module", for socket communication, select the one that suits you (I always prefer UDP for socket comms since error handling is built into the protocol already and causes less network overhead).