SolidRio

Maps alarm management

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

In a previous thread MAPS was recommended as a best SCADA for Mitsubishi plcs. So i've started to trying it.

I've faced problem. I am trying to create log of alarms (which is common in HMIs/SCADAs and i never had trouble in other products). As i understood from help menu (maybe i am wrong) - you need to create SQL server data base, after this create AlarmManagement agent and connect him to this SQL database. I did all of this but there is nothing in "Category" list. For once there was "Root" word for 1 second and then still nothing. I cant add category or something else and dont know what should i do next.

For additional information:

Maps 4.0.1.0 x32 (saw in designer window). Unlicensed. 

My OS Win 7 x64

SQL Server Express 2014 x64

Have created database via SQL Server 2014 Management Studio

I checked the boxes Start Alarm Management agent and history alarm mode. (But i tried other combinations of active boxes, with the reboot of agent server).

In just Alarm Viewer (which only show as current alarms) all work without any problem.

Edited by SolidRio

You don't need to do it like that the alarm management agent is for when you start doing reporting on alarms.
you just need an alarming agent.

Take a look at the quick start below. There should be a newer version but the principle of alarming is the same  

MAPS_SCADA_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Gambit said:

You don't need to do it like that the alarm management agent is for when you start doing reporting on alarms.
you just need an alarming agent.

Take a look at the quick start below. There should be a newer version but the principle of alarming is the same  

MAPS_SCADA_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Thanks for the answer. 

I went through this manual before (and Training manual (Basic)). In alarm viewer and through alarm agent itself for 1 bit (any digital alarm) you can only see his current state of alarm, if this alarm will repeat you will lose the data when was previous alarm. But i solve the problem. 

When you are using unlicensed MAPS you can use Alarm Management Agent with all functions only for hour. But if you check History mode box - all of this functions are gone and you will be able to use it with the AdroitHistoricalAlarmViewer. You dont need to make categories and other functions for this (cause its impossible to use them in unlicensed history mode). Just add in alarm agent (in setting of the routes) "Alarm management agent" in output section and you can see alarms log in the AdriotHistoricalAlarmViewer.

Maybe someone will correct me. 

But i have another question. In AdroitHistoricalAlarmViewer its only possible to auto update this log in minute unit. Can i change it to seconds or something? I change this value to zero minutes and client has started lagging. And i know there is manual refresh button. 

Hi SolidRio

The alarms by default is actually not lost. All of the alarms by default is also logged to Windows Eventlog. So you can also drop the Eventviewer control down on the graphic form and run it. This shows you all of the events that happened on the system. From Alarms to Operator Actions you specified to be logged. I think this might be a better suite for you if you want to achieve the less than 1 minute update. 

The AdroitHistoricalAlarmViewer is more like a reporting tool for your alarms. Not so much suited for real time Alarm viewing. Just to give you the background. MAPS has to query each time the SQL database to retrieve the Historical Alarms. This is basically just a SQL query that gets run every minute through MAPS server. This will slow down the system after a while. 

So if you want to view real time historical alarm history, I would suggest the EventViewer, but for a more reporting function I suggest you use the Historical Alarm Viewer. 

1 person likes this

Hello everyone. 

I finally had some time for MAPS. So i've tried what JanHrust said. Dropped the the Eventviewer and add the datasourse from the Events list - "Adroit". This show all the events from MAPS (i still didnt figure out how to show only needed events) and only with manual update or 30s auto refresh time. And this is still not that thing i want from it.

I want to create same alarmview like in GT Designer. Real time simple alarm list that got in itself Occurrence/Restored time and comment with showing only alarms/operator actions i added. 

Maybe im doing something wrong and i will try to do a research on achieving my desired alarmview list in free time, but maybe someone will advice me something.

Ok lets just start from the beginning. Have you set up your agents tags digital analog etc which you want to alarm?

23 hours ago, Gambit said:

Ok lets just start from the beginning. Have you set up your agents tags digital analog etc which you want to alarm?

Hello. Yeah, i already have done it. They are changing values in real PLC.

Edited by SolidRio

Perfect have you Alarmed these agents  ?

Yes. Added 1 digital signal in Alarming. Alarm agent: defaultAlarmAgent. Added Alarmlist in route 0 and in the Event Logs: LOCAL. Alarm types: ON (i want to see when this bit is on and when its gone in one message). Route 0.  

Than what is the problem just a an alarm Viewer add your alarming agent and you are done.

Ok. I'm adding AlarmViewer and choosing  defaultAlarmAgent  as alarm agent. 

Now i will show you example of difference with one digital bit in MAPS and HMI (GT Designer).

HMI (Screen is refreshing in real time) :

1. Digital = 0. - No messages on Alarm Screen.

2. Digital = 1 - (Occurrence) 16/08/18 09.02.32      Some comment             (Restored) --/--/-- --.--.--

3 Digital = 0 - (Occurrence) 16/08/18 09.02.32      Some comment             (Restored) 16/08/18 09.03.32

4. Digital = 1 - (Occurrence) 16/08/18 10.02.32      Some comment             (Restored) --/--/-- --.--.--

(Occurrence) 16/08/18 09.02.32      Some comment             (Restored) 16/08/18 09.03.32                            <-------Old message of same bit alarm is still on screen. 

MAPS (Without Global Acknowledgement function) : 

1. Digital = 0. - No messages on Alarm Screen.

2. Digital = 1 - (Alarm Time) 16/08/18 09.02.32      Some comment             *Red background* 

3 Digital = 0 - No messages on Alarm Screen.

4. Digital = 1 - (Alarm Time) 16/08/18 10.02.32      Some comment             *Red background*                <-------No old message of same bit alarm is on screen. 

With Global Acknowledgement function will be only one another phase when will be *Green Background*

I hope you will get my idea. 

Aha I see. Let me ask you another question. Why do you want to see this ?

Because MAPS already has an alarm managment system with ready made repots which will your bad actors top 10 alarm etc..

Alarm management i've already described in my first and second posts in this topic. Why i want "like GT Designer"? Cause all the factory working on the HMIs and if i want to implement MAPS here first words about new alarm system will be: We want the same way like its working on HMIs. Real time with all of alarms in one list on one screen.

Alarm management got 1 minute refresh time. And this is not what i am looking for.

I am still looking maybe i can it do with EventViewer.

Hello everyone. 

Was trying to reproduce process of creating History Alarm Log via SQL. And have failed.

I've already mentioned that process before in this thread.

I am using  SQL Server Express 2014 x64  and  SQL Server 2014 Management Studio. 

What i do:

1. Create SQL Database (for example) "123" with no changes in settings, all by default.

2. Create Alarm Management agent "AM". Box History mode, and Start have checked. In connection SQL database 123 added and connection test ok.

3. Create Alarm for bit M 0 in PLC on ON and OFF conditions. Route 2. In output AM agent added.

4. In SQL Server 2014 Management Studio i already see that MAPS have already added tables in database, "Adr_AM_CurrentIncidents" for example.

5. Create a project. Add AdroitHistoticalAlarmViewer(connect to SQL Database 123), AlarmViewer and button that toogles bit M 0.

Alarm is working fine (i can see it in AlarmViewer and even acknowledge) but there are nothing in SQL database and as result in AdroitHistoticalAlarmViewer. Only thing is adding in SQL database table "Adr_AM_Incidents" - 

Idx    CategoryId    Name    Agent    AgentType    AlarmType    AliasName    Document    Delay    Condition    ReasonRequired    NotesRequired    AssociatedTags
0               0             M_0.On    M_0    Digital                On                     M_0.On      NULL                0          NULL                   0                               0                          NULL

I tried everything. Only think i found its in Agent Adroit.AlarmManagement.AM.lastQueryError - error 80040e07 Conversion failed when converting the varchar value to data type datetime. 

The thing is - I have created working History Alarm in SQL with MAPS before (which i mentioned in earlier posts here) and was doing same things, but month after - i cant. I need your help. Maybe i missed something. 

Hi SolidRio
You did add the AM agent to your defaultAlarmAgent output setting?

If it is not there, then it will not send the alarms to SQL. 

Hi SolidRio, another way you can try is to expose the CurrentIncidents table in MAPS and show that on the screen. There you can have a faster refresh rate (10 seconds). You can also pick which columns you want to show on the form.  

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, JanHrust said:

Hi SolidRio
You did add the AM agent to your defaultAlarmAgent output setting?

If it is not there, then it will not send the alarms to SQL. 

Hi JanHrust

On 28.08.2018 at 3:39 PM, SolidRio said:

In output AM agent added.

Hi SolidRio

When you specify your connection string in the Alarm Management agent, which data link provider did you use?

On 30.08.2018 at 1:51 PM, JanHrust said:

Hi SolidRio

When you specify your connection string in the Alarm Management agent, which data link provider did you use?

Hi JanHrust. 

Sorry for late answer.

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=AMDATA;Data Source=PC_NAME\SQLEXPRESS

Hi SolidRio

Can you perhaps try to use the SQL administrator user and it's password? Currently you are using the Windows integrated security.