SolidRio

Maps alarm management

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. 

In a previous thread MAPS was recommended as a best SCADA for Mitsubishi plcs. So i've started to trying it.

I've faced problem. I am trying to create log of alarms (which is common in HMIs/SCADAs and i never had trouble in other products). As i understood from help menu (maybe i am wrong) - you need to create SQL server data base, after this create AlarmManagement agent and connect him to this SQL database. I did all of this but there is nothing in "Category" list. For once there was "Root" word for 1 second and then still nothing. I cant add category or something else and dont know what should i do next.

For additional information:

Maps 4.0.1.0 x32 (saw in designer window). Unlicensed. 

My OS Win 7 x64

SQL Server Express 2014 x64

Have created database via SQL Server 2014 Management Studio

I checked the boxes Start Alarm Management agent and history alarm mode. (But i tried other combinations of active boxes, with the reboot of agent server).

In just Alarm Viewer (which only show as current alarms) all work without any problem.

Edited by SolidRio

Posted (edited)

You don't need to do it like that the alarm management agent is for when you start doing reporting on alarms.
you just need an alarming agent.

Take a look at the quick start below. There should be a newer version but the principle of alarming is the same  

MAPS_SCADA_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Edited by Gambit

19 hours ago, Gambit said:

You don't need to do it like that the alarm management agent is for when you start doing reporting on alarms.
you just need an alarming agent.

Take a look at the quick start below. There should be a newer version but the principle of alarming is the same  

MAPS_SCADA_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Thanks for the answer. 

I went through this manual before (and Training manual (Basic)). In alarm viewer and through alarm agent itself for 1 bit (any digital alarm) you can only see his current state of alarm, if this alarm will repeat you will lose the data when was previous alarm. But i solve the problem. 

When you are using unlicensed MAPS you can use Alarm Management Agent with all functions only for hour. But if you check History mode box - all of this functions are gone and you will be able to use it with the AdroitHistoricalAlarmViewer. You dont need to make categories and other functions for this (cause its impossible to use them in unlicensed history mode). Just add in alarm agent (in setting of the routes) "Alarm management agent" in output section and you can see alarms log in the AdriotHistoricalAlarmViewer.

Maybe someone will correct me. 

But i have another question. In AdroitHistoricalAlarmViewer its only possible to auto update this log in minute unit. Can i change it to seconds or something? I change this value to zero minutes and client has started lagging. And i know there is manual refresh button. 

Hi SolidRio

The alarms by default is actually not lost. All of the alarms by default is also logged to Windows Eventlog. So you can also drop the Eventviewer control down on the graphic form and run it. This shows you all of the events that happened on the system. From Alarms to Operator Actions you specified to be logged. I think this might be a better suite for you if you want to achieve the less than 1 minute update. 

The AdroitHistoricalAlarmViewer is more like a reporting tool for your alarms. Not so much suited for real time Alarm viewing. Just to give you the background. MAPS has to query each time the SQL database to retrieve the Historical Alarms. This is basically just a SQL query that gets run every minute through MAPS server. This will slow down the system after a while. 

So if you want to view real time historical alarm history, I would suggest the EventViewer, but for a more reporting function I suggest you use the Historical Alarm Viewer.