soundararajan

FX3GE with E200 and E150 HMI Communication

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Am new to this forum,

Here am using FX1S and FX1N PLC. In this PLC's are connect with E200 and E150 HMI's respectively. Now, we are going to update the PLC to FX3GE. Because requirement of ethernet. If am changing the PLC to FX3GE, in this HMI's can communicate with this PLC via RS422 (Serial) port with same cable or i have to modify the driver in HMI.

Thanks by,

Soundar 

The port will be the same. 
But I think the e-terminals check the connected CPU type. So you might need to change that setting in E-designer.
You can also increase the Baudrate.

Thank you Gambit,

Instead of FX3GE, am going with FX3U means i have to do the modification in E-Designer. For ethernet am using ADP Module.

Without modifying the HMI i need to update the FX CPU is there any possibility is available.

Thanks by,

soundar

Well depends on which driver they used if it is set to FX series. You don't have an issue but if the PLC type is set......
But it's just change in the driver settings so you do not need to do much to update the E-terminal just a download.

Thanks for the update Gambit,

For HMI I don't have a software. That's why i asked. HMI software is a licensed/freeware. If freeware please share downloader link.

If licensed means tell me i ll purchase.

Thanks by,

soundar.

You will need E-designer. I don't have a link