LURBY

DISPLAY A MESSAGE PANELVIEW 800

4 posts in this topic

I would like to display an alphanumeric message on a Panelview 800.  The PV is connected to a Micrologix 1100 over Ethernet.  I would like the message to be different depending on what happens on the PLC.  For example if B3:0/2 closes I would like to display "DOOR IS OPEN"  If B3:03 closes I would like to display "DOOR IS CLOSED"

There is something called STRING DISPLAY but I do not know how it works.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lurby.

You could use a simple multistate indicator with an expression?

In your situation above- you could have a simple 2-state indicator like 0=Open and 1=Closed or you could take it up a notch and provide strings for ‘opening’ and ‘closing’ also (and make it a 4-state for example).

I actually have close to 30 different binary "switches" in play.  I have a series of "buttons" on the Panelview that are each tagged to a different binary contact in the PLC.  Each one of the "buttons" has a name (DOOR CLOSE, DOOR OPEN, WATER ON, OIL ON, ETC).  When the button is pressed it closes the tagged binary contact in the PLC and information is moved to a servo drive.  I would like to be able to display the name on a different screen based on which button was pressed.  Not sure I can do that with a multi-state indicator.

Do you want the PLC to send a string to be displayed? For this many, that may make sense.

I threw together a mock-up in CCW of a PV800 talking to an ML1100 via Ethernet. It looks like you can create a string tag pointed to a string register in the PLC and then use that string tag as the "Read Tag" for the string display. I put that in quickly and the project validated but I don't have a ML or PV to test it.

Forum_PV800_StringDisplay_Edited.thumb.p