keal

NX_SerialSend

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need some help please, to print with a printer, i need to use NX_serialSend function block. So, i don't have this FB in my library, but i have SysmacStudio 1.15.

I try to find it on the web but, nothing, anyone know how to have it ? 

Thank's in advance.

Use the Omron Automation Software AutoUpdate tool to update your software to the newest version.

You will find the tool in the Omron / Sysmac Studio Program group in the Start menu.

Hope this will help.

Before you update anything, try checking the firmware version of your NJ / NX CPU.

Some function blocks only work for firmware version 1.10 or above, so even though you have Sysmac 1.15, it won't be shown since the CPU firmware version does not support it.

You can try upgrading the firmware of the CPU, although "legally", only Omron engineer can do that for you...

EDIT : As mentioned before, you need CPU Firmware v1.11 or higher to use this instruction. This image taken from the Software User Manual

Capture.thumb.JPG.8db628a8e89ed7fa5e61e5

Edited by innoaloe

Ok thanks; and just for information, with a NJ301-1200 connected to a NX ECC202 and a CIF210, i can send data with RS232 to a printer to print ? thanks !

1 hour ago, keal said:

Ok thanks; and just for information, with a NJ301-1200 connected to a NX ECC202 and a CIF210, i can send data with RS232 to a printer to print ? thanks !

Yes, but the same requirement about minimum CPU firmware version applies.

Thank's to all.

I can send command to the printer, and it print !

If anyone want's to do the same things, check the firmware version (CPU) and sysmac studio before all.